Thursday, April 16, 2009

Watching Burn Notice?


Well, not at the moment because USA network's biggest hit, Burn Notice, is on hiatus until June 4th.

But I'm counting the days. And I've been thinking about it more this week because Friday is my day to write about a "must-watch" film or program for the Pink Heart Society blog.

Guess what I'm writing about.

It is my prelude to Kate Walker's "Alpha Heroes" topic which she's rounded up comments for to use on her blog. I sent her my comments earlier this week.

But as far as I'm concerned, you can start with Michael Westen (wonderfully played by Jeffrey Donovan) of Burn Notice. He may not be the stereotypical billionaire -- or even close -- but he's the guy I'd want to be on my side in a fire fight, or anywhere else for that matter.

Alphas are the ones who take care of their own. They are the protectors, the go-to guys, the ones who get the job done.

That would be Mike.

Stop over and check out my blog on Burn Notice at the Pink Heart. Let me know what you think about the program and about Michael Westen if you watch Burn Notice.

And if you don't, check out the DVD of season one. Season two will be coming in late June on DVD, and season three starts on USA network on June 4th.

Mark your calendar!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have not gotten into 'Burn Notice', but we are addicted to 'NCIS'. I did not watch it for years, then all of a sudden I am hooked. I like the funny parts. :)

18 April, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Curtiss Ann,
I've seen the last half of NCIS occasionally. I have liked the people on it. I'm just afraid of getting hooked!

Don't know if you'd like Burn Notice or not, but if you can rent the first DVD from the first season boxed set, you can find out pretty fast. I personally love the interaction between the characters. Definite funny bits as well as blowing things up. And a very nice deadpan delivery by Jeffrey Donovan in his voice-overs.

If you try it, let me know what you think.

19 April, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home