Friday, June 19, 2009

The last gasp


So I'm up to my neck in chapters that need sorting and some scenes that need writing before I can say this book is done.

I'm intending to get it done by Monday. That means a lot of work between now and then. But after today, which had enough electric storms to do me for the whole summer, I'm hoping for less interruption tomorrow.

Plus The Prof, the eldest son and four of the grandsons are going camping for Father's Day -- a tradition that began a few years ago. They bond over dirt, bugs, sunburn, pain, charred food and other fun things -- and I (and the dogs) have the homefront to ourselves.

We are planning a marathon of writing. Wish us luck. If all the boats are in a row come Tuesday morning, you will know that Demetrios and Anny are on their way to England (a heck of a lot faster than they got from Cannes to Santorini)!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Rachel said...

Good luck, Anne! You can do it. And Charley...BEHAVE!

Lots of love,

Rach.
XXXXX

20 June, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thanks, Rach. So far it's coming along. I'm giving Charley rest periods and working on the desktop computer as well. It helps my brain to have to shift keyboards. Keeps me from zoning out completely.

20 June, 2009  
Blogger Lacey Devlin said...

I was holding my breath to see if they were all dragging you out camping too! Someone has to keep the dogs company ;) Good luck with Charley!

20 June, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Lacey,
Oh, no, this is a guys' trip only sort of deal. I've never been invited and I would say no if I were. I love my grandsons dearly, but I camped enough with their father and his brothers. I've done my bit! But The Prof love camping in all kinds of weather, no matter the heat or the bugs, so he's in heaven right now.

And so am I -- I've got the air conditioning turned on!

And Charley is fine, thanks. He's doing a good job. We just might make it.

20 June, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home