Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Difference Between Men and Women


A friend sent me one of those emails the other day which explained why men never got depressed. It was funny and rather true and I passed it on to a few people I suspected would appreciate it.

Differences between men and women always interest me, and I think people who say there aren't any -- besides the biological, of course -- are, um, mistaken.

Later the same day I got further corroborating evidence in case anyone wants to dispute it.

My kids and I have a "dropbox" folder into which we put pictures, articles, etc. that we believe the others will want to share. (If you don't use dropbox and you want a useful online way of sharing large files and syncing material over several computers -- Michelle, are you listening? -- this could be your answer.)

Anyway, into my "family photos and stuff" dropbox the other night twenty-six pictures fell.

No indication who posted them at first.

Then, due to the identity of the grandkids in the photos -- Ellie and Hank -- it became clear which family they were from.

It also became clear who sent them -- my son or my daughter-in-law.

There were five pictures of the kids -- four of Ellie looking as if she were hunting for a rock to throw at her cousin, and one of Hank looking like, well . . . Hank -- and twenty-one pictures of every conceivable angle that it is possible to photograph a beat-up, needing-desperately-t0-be-restored Ford truck and camper, including four taken from underneath it.

Any questions?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Lacey Devlin said...

A dropbox sounds like a great idea. The pictures of the truck are... interesting?

15 September, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Lacey,
We love dropbox. I use it for syncing my drafts between my laptop and my home computer, too. Very handy. And no, I'm not employed by Dropbox! It just makes my life easier.

There are 19 more photos of the truck where those came from if you're interested. Obviously some people are!

15 September, 2009  
Blogger Michelle Styles said...

I gather the truck photos are a man thing?

Dropbox does sound interesting.

16 September, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Michelle, trucks can be a guy thing or not. In this case, yes. But it was mostly the LACK OF GRANDKIDS thing that was driving me up the wall. He thinks, because he sees them every day, that taking photos of them -- and sending them to grandma -- is unnecessary. He is wrong! His wife understands this.

And yes, dropbox is great. When your kids go away to university, you will be glad for it. Also good for putting stuff when you're traveling that you will want to get at because you can access it from any computer with an internet connection. And if you change something -- like actually write on your trip -- it will sync the files with those you left at home. For those of us who can't keep them straight, that is indeed a blessing.

16 September, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home