Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Tote Bagging On Thursday


I'll be talking about 'going home again' and all the bits and pieces that go into writing a book when my blog piece turns up at Tote Bags 'n' Blogs on Thursday. So check for it over there, please. Say hi. Be friendly!

I'm up to my neck in George, but I'm happy to report that Gunnar my dearly departed flatcoat retriever has come to my rescue. He told me this morning that George needed a dog. Boy, was he right.

And so, George got a dog. A dog named Gunnar. A flatcoat.

Imagine that.

And alll of a sudden it's so much more fun to write because I get to spend time with Gunnar every day. And Gunnar is making George come alive. Well, he's not yet because George is still in the hospital having had his near encounter with the truck.

But the fact that Gunnar is at George's house means that George has a very definite human side to him that wasn't quite so evident in the physics lab.

And his presence is requiring certain responses from Sophy. And she's seeing a whole side of George she's never quite believed in.

It's lovely.

And I owe it all to Gunnar. Somehow I'm not surprised.

If you haven't met Gunnar, but you want a retrospective, please go back to December 2008 on my blog and scrowl down to December 8th.

He's worth the trip.

* * *

I see by Amazon that One-Night Mistress . . . Convenient Wife is being shipped. And a friend in England tells me it's available there. And Kate Walker says it's out at eharlequin.

You can read a bit more about the background of it on Tote Bags Thursday. So, check it out!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate Hardy said...

Yep, it's out in England. I read it earlier this week and enjoyed it thoroughly.

And how lovely that you have Gunnar in your book.

I too have ended up with an unplanned dog in my book. Have discovered that the French version of a Springer is a Brittany... and all the puppy pics I saw look so much like Byron. Beau is going to gallop his way through both books!

22 October, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Hi Kate,
Thanks! So glad to hear it's out and that you read it and enjoyed it.

Yes, having Gunnar is my book is making it fun to go to work in the morning. We have Brittany spaniels over here, but ours are smaller than Springers and are liver and white ratheer than black and white or a darker liver and white. Lovely dogs, though. My friends have two of them.

Gunnar will be meeting them in Central Park!

22 October, 2009  
Blogger Kate Walker said...

Sid says Hi from over on Tote Bags - I just love that photo of him upside down

He is quite happy to allow Gunnar the Great a place in your book thoug he does think it would read better if Gunnar and he were to meet up - perhaps not in Central Park but in a building overlooking it perhaps?

23 October, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Tell Sid I'll see what I can do. Maybe, since I have had a surfeit of cats called Sid in my books, I should use one of his other names? Does he fancy a Willoughby? He'd know it was him.

24 October, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home