Monday, March 27, 2006

Elias's Book!


I'd forget my head -- my mother says -- if it weren't attached.

I used to think she was kidding. Who? My mother? Not hardly. Worse, now it turns out she is right. Not that I have forgotten my head. It's still here somewhere.

But I did forget to say that my book, THE ANTONIDES MARRIAGE DEAL is on the shelves. I saw it myself in the drugstore last Thursday when I mailed a copy of it to a reviewer. (Did you get it yet, Heather?) This is the book about Elias Antonides, the long-suffering son of a very trying Greek father, and the woman his father accidentally (well, sort of) drops into Elias's life. I had so much fun with Elias and Tallie that I was sorry they left. I'm not sorry to see them in print now, though.

Keep an eye out for Tallie's brother Theo in this book, too. He's the boomerang who just got revised and sent back to Richmond. With luck he'll have a spot in production of his own in the not too distant future.

Let me know when Elias gets to your neighborhood! And please put him up at eye level when you see him on the shelves (unless you want to be like my dad who used to stand at the Safeway grocery store and hand people copies of my book and say, "My daughter wrote this. It's really good. You'd love it!" What a dad!)

Elias is supposed to be showing up in Britain next week, I think, too. With a different cover, which we will discuss later. No sense in complicating things now.

Anyway, keep an eye out for him! Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home