Sunday, August 13, 2006

The Eight Second Wedding!

The other day I wrote about my "synopsis" for a book which I basically described as "They meet. He gets hit in the head. They go down the road. He gets hit in the head. They live happily ever after." And I asked if anyone could identify the book.

Someone did!

Kathleen Evans, bless her heart, tracked it down and sent me an email. So I'm sending her her very own copy of The Eight Second Wedding. It will be on its way tomorrow, Kathleen!

When I get back from the wedding next week (which had better be longer than eight seconds) I think perhaps we might start a scavenger hunt. What do you think? Is anyone out there bored enough to prowl around some authors' sites and find out answers to win a book or two?

I'm deep in the throes of writing the last 10,000 words of Spence and Sadie. I'm also compiling a list of titles using all the favorite Presents buzz words -- none of which seems to have anything to do with being hit in the head. Good thing, as Spence doesn't get hit at all, though believe me, I was tempted a time or two.

Must go get back to work. Let me know what you think about the possibility of a scavenger hunt. Tell me some more good movies. I just got Mostly Martha from Netflix. Haven't had time to watch it yet.

9 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Congratulations, Kathleen! Good job! A scavenger hunt sounds like fun, Anne. Especially if the prize is one of YOUR books.

13 August, 2006  
Blogger Michelle B said...

Just wanted to drop by and say Happy Birthday Anne! Hope it's a great one:)

13 August, 2006  
Blogger Michelle Styles said...

Stopping by tho say Happy Birthdya and I am looking forward to seeing you again next month!

13 August, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thank you, both Michelles! And yes, Cheryl, I was really impressed with Kathleen's search. We'll see about doing the scavenger hunt later this month.

14 August, 2006  
Blogger Susan Rix said...

Hope you had a very Happy Birthday Anne.
Sue :-)

14 August, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thanks, Sue!

14 August, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thanks, Kathleen. The book is on its way!

14 August, 2006  
Blogger Loretta said...

I just love scanvenger hunt contests. Makes a reader work for the prize. lol
Here's wishing you a happy birthday Ann.

16 August, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thanks for the good wishes, Loretta. I'll be thinking up some scavenger ideas while I'm taking time off at the wedding this week!

16 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home