Friday, December 22, 2006

Minus one Santa hat


Gunnar has boycotted the Santa hat. And I don't have time to sew elastic on it and convince him to wear it long enough for me to take his picture. He doesn't suffer fools gladly -- and he has told me in no uncertain terms that it would be foolish to put him in a Santa hat even for a second. I believe him.

I'm still negotiating with Micah and Mitch.

In the meantime, since I don't know if I will make it back to the blog in the next couple of days, I just want to say Merry Christmas to you all -- friends, acquaintances, writers, readers, genealogy buddies and distant cousins as well as any strangers who may turn up.

It's lovely having you visit. Thank you for coming. I hope you will come back during the coming year.

All the best from our house to yours -- and special greetings from Gunnar, Micah and Mitch, minus the Santa hat!

7 Comments:

Blogger Christa said...

My sister knows her cats won't wear a Santa hat, so she doesn't even attempt it.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas to you and your family. May all your holiday dreams come true.

23 December, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thank you, Christa, for the Christmas wishes. I send the same to you.

The Santa hat was a gift to Gunnar from a friend of his. Someday he'll wear it -- for a nanosecond. But if he were a cat, nope, probably not.

23 December, 2006  
Blogger Anne said...

Chloe-the rein-dog says to Gunnar and Mitch and Micah that donning silly Christmas outfits is fine when you're bribed by liver treats. She succumbed, got a few treats and a rubber duck and is now on my website. She's hoping it leads to better things.

23 December, 2006  
Blogger Kara Lennox said...

Anne--
I've really been enjoying your blog. An alert reader told me about your "Christmas kangaroo," but I just kept reading. Love the doggies!

23 December, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Anne and Chloe-dog, A very merry Christmas to you! And Chloe, what a smart girl you are. Obviously smarter than those boys who live here who haven't figured that santa hat wearing might lead to TREATS. Hope you get lots of goodies in your stocking!

23 December, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Trish, Merry Christmas to you and all the family! Wish you had been here to join us for Tut. It was great fun.

I'm so glad your book is done and accepted and you have a bit of a breather over the holidays! Good planning, that!

23 December, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Kara

Thanks to the "alert reader!" I'm glad you dropped by and am delighted the doggies are a hit. They (and I) hope you come back often!

The "Christmas kangaroo" got me a lot of traffic. I was astonished -- and pleased.

Merry Christmas!

ps: love the cover on your comment. It's so bright and cheery!

23 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home