Sunday, January 21, 2007

Answers . . . and Moving On

I spent the day trying to determine what I want on my new website -- and checking out other peoples' opinions, too. I really appreciated the comments from those who put them on the blog or who sent me emails.

Here's the list:
1) No music! (Glad we agree!)

2) A clear way to indicate which books are connected to which.

3) Maybe a map to make things more visual and clearer.

4) Easy to navigate interface

5) Clean, crisp, clear, friendly, inviting

Right. So I've been looking at lots of other site (Kate's new look is very appealing, but I can't steal Kate's!) There are others I've seen that I like parts of, too. Now I'm trying to figure out what it is that they have in common so I can spell it out.

I've made some notes. I even made a mini-mockup of what I meant (which proves how good it is that I write because I certainly can't do anything else artistic!)

I sent it all to my very talented webmistress today -- and tomorrow, I hope, we talk.

The plan right now is that this will all go "live" around Valentine's Day (when I'm out of the country, though I didn't exactly plan it that way!).

In the meantime, after I finished the web prowl, I made lots more notes on Sara and Flynn and related characters, trying to understand who lives in their world. Demetrios does, I know that. He's been very protective of Sara -- and of Liam. Theo would be proud.

And today I think I discovered something about one of the secondary characters -- the blonde in my collage.

If it's true, what I just discovered, it's going to create an interesting dilemma for Flynn and Sara. He won't have problems with it, but I am sure she will. But is it true or did I just imagine it? I'll have to spend some time with the blonde -- Claire -- tomorrow and find out.

I'm feeling excited. Eager at last to plunge back into the manuscript. The story has had a chance to brew now. The pieces are coming together, making patterns. The castle is real. Flynn has an agenda. Sara has plans. I have a collage.

Sparks are about to fly.

Nine more days for the Brides' Contest.

Nineteen more for the Grooms'.

If you haven't entered, answer the questions you can find at each of the above links, then send them along to me and to Kate and to Liz on our websites. Because we're all three doing it, you get three chances to win copies of lots of great books!

Speaking of which, the lovely Leena Hyat at My Tote Bag has written a wonderful review of The Santorini Bride which I'll post tomorrow. If you want a sneak peek, go there now and take a look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home