Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Meet O'Mally . . . and friend


I've been waiting to get to Ireland in this book because there's a dog at Dunmorey. I'm getting to the point where I can't seem to have a book without a dog. Although there is no dog in The Boss's Wife For A Week (coming in Sept/Oct) which I just got the cover for yesterday. I'll have to show you soon.

But I digress.

Anyway, there is -- at long last -- a dog in Flynn and Sara's book. His name is O'Mally. He lives at Dunmorey and eats more than everyone else there put together.

He has a little buddy in this picture who doesn't have more than a bit part in my book (he's the housekeeper's son. We're calling him Eamon, Abby -- just for you!).

O'Mally is about to become Liam's best friend.

That will be good because then Flynn and Sara can get their work done.

They are heading toward the rough emotional stuff, the hopeful, "yes, this-might-work notion," followed by the black moment, more angst, lots more angst, and then -- Flynn hopes (and so does Sara but without believing in it) -- a happily ever after.

What more can you ask for -- a couple, a kid, a cat (hi, Sid) and a dog (let's hear it for O'Mally)?

Oh, and a short so-blond-he-looks-bald absolutely beautiful baby called Eamon.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok...I can cope with a baby Eamon. Still, I think you're hanging a hell of a yoke around his neck...but it's better than naming an alpha male Eamon. And no this child will not grow into an alpha male!
the-ever-diligent-one-woman-crusade-against-a-hero-being-named-eamon

15 May, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

If you knew baby Eamon's father, you would definitely think he could grow up into an alpha male.

This is to get you used to Eamon so that when your hero comes along, Abby, you won't run screaming in the other direction.

cheers,
Anne

15 May, 2007  
Blogger Kate Walker said...

Ok you two - I have just one thing to say to you - try Trish Wylie's Rescued Mother-to-Be. Abby - maybe this will resign you (or even enthuse you) about heroes names Eamon.

Or Anne it will appease your need for a hero named Eamon . . .

Oh there's a large black and brown paw pushing me away from the keyboard - i believe Sid needs a word . . .

16 May, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Lady across the Pond. I am a trifle concerned.

No - it is more than a trifle - and it has nothing whatsoever to do with people called Eamon. . .

I am concerned that you are sending me to Ireland. From what My Mum says there is a lot of Rain in Ireland - a lot - and maybe even snew.

And from the looks of things there is also That - a d-o-g that looks the size of A Horse. (Not that I have personal acquaintance with A Horse) but My Mum has and she tells me that O'Mally is horse sized.

Rain - lots of it and a horse-d-o-g sounds like a bad combination to me


With affectionate head butts all the same

Sir Sidney St John Willoughby Eamon (?) Portly-Lummox Bart.

16 May, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

I will definitely be checking Trish's book. And very probably it will simply whet my appetite for a hero named EAMON (Abby, are you listening?) Thanks, Kate.

And, Sid, for the time being at least, your alter ego gets to stay at Celie and Jace's in Elmer. You dealt with dogs there last time, so I'm sure you'll be fine. Plus, even if you do get to go to Ireland (and the choice will be yours), O'Mally is very gentle. Any cat who can live with Dyl the vil can easily cope with O'Mally.

The rain, well, that's not under my control. But I will discuss it with Abby -- and no, I will not give up Eamon just to get it to stop raining!

And thank you, Sid, for adding Eamon to your name. It looks perfect.

love,
TLATP (the lady across the pond)

16 May, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I give up... I will resign myself to my fate, read Trish's book and I'm sure she's done such a great job that it will put off any other writer from attempting to use the same name. sniff.
the-diligent-tireless-one-across-the-water

16 May, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

I will read it, too, Abby. I've just ordered it. But he's a two N Eamonn, and that won't work. He's got to be a one N Eamon. I can see I have my work cut out for me!

16 May, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, a horse! or some fairytale dog that can fly and talk.

16 May, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

He's certainly as big as a horse, isn't he? A gentle giant of a dog!

16 May, 2007  
Blogger Liz Fielding said...

Oh, oh, oh... The baby wants to eat with the dog! That is so cute. They're both gorgeous.

17 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home