Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Clearing the Decks


I had intended to be deep into Sebastian and Neely by now. But I've begun to realize something about me and writing anymore: I don't multi-task as well as I used to.

Or maybe I multi-task if the other tasks aren't "head" tasks and I can think about the book while I'm doing them. Vacuuming springs to mind. Or cleaning the oven. Or mowing the lawn. And walking the dogs is positively guaranteed to get me thinking about the book.

But the "tasks" I've got to deal with in multiples at the moment are also "head" tasks -- like writing a review and finishing an exam, transcribing and abstracting a will, proposing a plan for futher research, and doing a problem analysis and creating yet another research plan for a genealogical query I've been given (part of a course I'm finishing).

So . . . I have spent the last two days clearing the decks -- working on the review article, finishing the exam (done! Got 100%. Yea!), transcribing and abstracting, analyzing and creating the research plan. It's taken most of the day today, a chunk of yesterday and, with luck, I'll be done by tomorrow.

THEN Seb and Neely get my undivided attention -- except, of course, for the blog and the website (revamping progresses) and the Pink Heart columns and a week on eharlequin talking about Romances With The Boss. Or something like that. I forget the title of it. I'll let you know -- and maybe you can come visit when I get a link.

Not to be too conscientious, I spent a little time on YouTube. In case you haven't seen it, there is a great bit of Norwegian comedy about the Medieval Helpdesk.

And of course I had to spend a bit of time soaking up various tributes to Mads Mikkelsen.

It actually makes me wish I could speak Danish.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Styles said...

Oh you would put something on about Mads!


Hopefully you have finished clearing decks and Seb and Neely are now good to go.

15 August, 2007  
Blogger Madeline said...

Housework gets you thinking about writing? I'll have to try that sometime.

All I ever think about when I do housework is, how much I hate doing it.

Clean away Anne. I'm waiting patiently for Sebs story. Mads:)

15 August, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Michelle, the decks are clearer than they were. Not quite clear enough yet, but Seb gets some time today.

Mads, housework isn't my fave either, but yes, it does free up the mind for other things. Hard to "focus" the mind on dusting. At least it is for me!

cheers,
Anne

15 August, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home