Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Columnists R Us


One of the great sites on the internet about category romance is The Pink Heart Society.

It was the brain child of Irish author, Trish Wylie, who began it almost a year ago with the help of other category authors, Natasha Oakley, Ally Blake and Nicola Marsh. They were joined a few months later by Jenna Bailey-Burke.

It's a reader and writer friendly place where anyone who loves category books will immediately feel at home. There are great blogs every day -- from the Male on Monday pieces (some serious and prolonged ogling is often necessary) to Friday Night Film Night and every day in between, The Pink Heart offers its participants great reading, super suggestions, helpful reviews, splendid camaraderie, and lots of laughs.

Now they are offering even more -- five regular columnists, of whom I am delighted to have been asked to be one. We will be doing one or two pieces a month regularly, starting on August 3rd when Australian author Annie West steps in to take on a Friday Night film.

She will be followed by Fiona Harper with a blog about the PHS Diet Club next week. A week from Saturday I am writing about the PHS FinDaBoo project (those of you familiar with NaNoWriMo -- National Novel Writing Month, will recognize the similarity in topic -- Finish Da Book. Or Finish The Damn Book, whichever you please). The FinDaBoo group isn't trying to do it in a month. But they are trying to Get It Done. I empathize.

The following week Blaze author, Samantha Hunter, will be talking about her favorite category romance. And at the end of the month, Kate Walker will be doing the same thing.

We've got projects lined up until the end of September. Stop by for a visit as often as you can.

By then I should be finishing Sebastian, too. I started him today.

Fingers crossed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Madeline said...

I love The Pink Heart Society. I haven't visited there in a few weeks. I must make time for more visits. Thanks for the update and, now that I know you're going to be a regular, I'll be sure to visit more often.

Just to let you know, I ordered Kate Walkers latest book and 2 of Kate Hardys books this week. I should have them next week. I can't wait to read them. Thanks for recommending them. Mads:)

02 August, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

You're very welcome, Mads. Hope you enjoy them.

06 August, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home