Sunday, October 28, 2007

Eamon is coming . . .


Kate Walker went to Ireland last week and she took a friend with her. His name is Eamon. She hasn't known him long, but the minute she met him she knew he and Abby Green absolutely had to meet. (Kate knows a hero when she sees one)

As you may (or may not) recall, Abby does not believe that Eamon is a hero's name. I disagree. We've had several discussions about this and an escalating 'war' of Eamons which has included several post cards, an apron and, most recently, a nightshirt.

Tomorrow, right here, you will get the next installment -- the story of Eamon and his trip with Kate and his meeting with Abby and . . . well, stay tuned.

Many thanks to Kate who told his story -- as only Kate can -- and for taking the time to do so when she was supposed to be out drinking Bewley's and enjoying herself).

I, in the meantime, will be deep in the book.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate Hardy said...

Hero names are definitely in the eye of the beholder.

I discovered the gorgeous Patrick Dempsey last week.

Then I found out what his character's name was. Derek. Huh??? Derek, to me, conjures up middle-aged, paunchy and balding. Not gorgeous, sexy doctor.

Is it a US/UK difference? Enquiring minds need to know...

28 October, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Yep, I think it's a gap between the two countries, Kate.

Derek is kind of a middle of the road name here. Seems like most names that end in a hard C/K sound are. Not sure why.

Maybe we have associations that are different than yours. I remember having this same conversation with Lucy Gordon about naming her hero when we were working on a book together. And once on a loop I was on, we discussed the name "Jared" ad nauseum. It works in the US for a hero. Evidently it doesn't in UK!

28 October, 2007  
Blogger Donna Alward said...

Hey, Trish Wylie had an Eamon(n) not long ago, and he was lovely. Of course looked an awful lot like Hugh Dancy in my head....

Your blog is a hoot, Anne!

29 October, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Yes, I read Trish's Eamon(n) and applauded her good taste. I would drop the second N, but that's just me. Any Eamon is an improvement over Abby's attitude! But I have a hope that we are changing it by the sheer force of Eamon's cross-eyed personality (not to mention his cohort in nightshirt).

29 October, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home