Monday, February 04, 2008

Breakfast at Giovanni's

The lovely talented Kate Hardy, who writes faster than I can read, also writes wonderful books.

She writes Medicals for Mills & Boon, and she also writes M&B Modern Extras, or as they are now called, Modern Heat. And some of the latter are coming out in America as part of the Presents line.

One of them, Breakfast at Giovanni's, on Monday won the Romance Novelists' Association prize for category romance!

Kate's book has been retitled -- something about an Italian Boss, I think. Personally I love the title Breakfast at Giovanni's. But I think marketing feels it doesn't 'fit' with 'The Presents Promise."

Personally I wish they'd 'promise' more variety in their titles. Many of the books do. They aren't as cookie-cutter as critics -- or marketing -- would like you to think. But you'd never know it from the sameness of the titles.

Anyway, I'm thrilled for Kate who, as you can see here, looks a bit stunned and 'who me?' when they called her name.

And yes, that's the lovely Liz Fielding, whose wonderful Secret Life of Lady Gabriella was also short-listed for the prize, sitting far to the right. (So you can see how stiff the competition was).

Congrats to all who were short-listed -- and special congrats to Kate for walking away with the Betty Neels' Bowl which will be hers for the year.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Kate Hardy said...

Thank you so much, Anne. :o)

It's coming out in the US as 'In Bed with Her Italian Boss' in April - but I do like the English title.

05 February, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

I like the English title better, Kate. But the book will be the same -- and that's the important thing. Really looking forward to it! And congratulations again.

05 February, 2008  
Blogger Madeline said...

Thank you Anne for letting us know about Kates award. Congratulations to Kate!
Between Kate, You, and all the other wonderful Presents authors, it looks like I'm going to have some really great reading in the next few months. I'm definitely looking forward to some very relaxing nights of reading.

Mads:)

05 February, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anne - I have a quick question - do you know when Flynn and Sara's book will be released in Australia and New Zealand? I am dying to get my hands on it! Cheers, Katie

06 February, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Hi Mads, yes, Kate writes very enjoyable books. You will have lots of them to catch up on, too, as she just had her 25th published! Not sure how many have come out in the States as the Medicals often don't. But some should be available.

06 February, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Katie, thank you for asking about Flynn and Sara's book. I think the OZ/Nz version is generally published a month after the UK version, so that would mean it would be out in May 2008. I think. If I find out for sure, I'll post it on the blog!

06 February, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home