Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Home again! Home again!

We got home at 11 pm last night -- having made our very tight connection, which I'm delighted about as I hadn't really been looking forward to spending the night on the floor at O'Hare (been there, done that more often than I want to recall).

We had a fabulous time. I'll fill you in over the next few days. Suffice to say we had a great visit in San Francisco with Kate Walker and her husband, The Magnet from England, Abby Green (who brought me an Eamon tote bag) from Ireland, and Daphne Clair and her husband who came from New Zealand, a whole contingent of terrific Oz and NZ writers (more later), and too many more to name right now.

Kate has let the cat out of the bag on her blog today -- telling the world that it's my birthday. Yes, it is. And I'm spending it unpacking suitcases, doing laundry, changing sheets, and cuddling dogs who have missed me. A very mundane but perfectly nice way to spend the day.

I'll be downloading photos from my camera later. Then I can bore you with lots of pix of my trip. It was so much fun I don't even know where to start. But right now the laundry is calling, so I'll come back tomorrow with something more substantial.

Hope you had fun with Hugh-in-a-towel while I was gone.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Kate Hardy said...

Welcome home :o)

13 August, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thanks, Kate. Good to be back. Well, sort of. I had such a good time, though, that I'll be reliving it for a while!

13 August, 2008  
Blogger Dina said...

Welcome back and Happy birthday Anne. :)

13 August, 2008  
Blogger Trish Morey said...

Happy birthday, Anne!

I'm so sorry we didn't get to catch up in SF other than at a very noisy Hqn party, but it was so great to see you again!

Have a fabulous day and an even better year.

Much love
Trish
x

13 August, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Dina, Thanks so much for the birthday wishes!

Trish, it was fantastic to see you in SF. Even though it wasn't long, it was still great, and I hope we can connect before another four years (!) goes by. Hope you and the whole family have fun in England in September. Enjoy.

13 August, 2008  
Blogger Christa said...

Hope you have a wonderful birthday.
Great you were still able to catch up with others

14 August, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Christa, many thanks for the good wishes. The birthday was terrific. Now it's back to work. But lots of great memories to sustain me -- and pictures to sort through!

14 August, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Anne!
Hope you had a lovely day
with a fantastic year ahead

Helen

15 August, 2008  
Blogger lidia said...

Anne,

Happy Belated Birthday wishes! I hope that you had a wonderful day.

Lidia

16 August, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Helen, many thanks for your birthday greetings. I had a great day. I enjoyed seeing all the Aussies at SF for the RWA conference. Wish you had been among them!

Lidia, thanks for the good wishes. They are never too late. I am still basking in the glow of the birthday -- and still eating crumbs of a wonderful cake a friend baked for me.

16 August, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home