Friday, February 20, 2009

Blog make-over up! Books on their way!

If you are here -- and you've been here before -- you must see something different. No, you're not imagining things. The make-over has reached the blog.

I'm so happy with my new look.

Those of you who have been dropping by have an inkling of how hard Heather Reed of WeWriteRomance has worked to get things up and running. It took her a lot of work to switch the blog over and make everything come out even, too. The blog is three years old this month. It has a LOT of pictures on it. It weighs a ton, she said -- or words to that effect.

Anyway, I'm sooo impressed that she did it and that it looks so great. Yea, Heather! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

There are still things on the site itself that will continue to be updated.

So far my most recent title are up and have their own pages. But Heather has been working madly on the backlist titles, too. That's really important to me.

Because a lot of my books are linked, even though you don't need to read one to read another, it's nice to have a place where people can come to find out which characters are likely to turn up in each other's world. (Actually, that's pretty much any of them, as it's sort of an alternative universe where all my characters live).

Anyway, she has a mini-series page planned as a portal to the linked books, and then each page within it will have the various books that belong to the mini-series.

Of course, if you read Harlequin Presents and nothing else, you can click on the Presents page which she'll be putting up, too, and find all my Presents there as well.

If you read Silhouette Desire and want to see which books I've done for them, you should be able to find all my Silhouette titles together, too.

If there's anything else you can think of that will make access to my earlier books easier for you (yes, I know -- reprint them! I'd love it!), do comment here or send me an email through the contact tab at the bottom of each website page.

Thank you, Heather! You're wonderful.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Christa said...

when I clicked on the bookmarked link to the blog I thought for a minute I was in the wrong place until I read the announcement welcoming me to Anne's blog. What Heather's done looks beautiful and what she has planned sounds wonderful too.

21 February, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thank you, Christa. I know Heather has worked very very hard on this and she's done a great job. We'll see the book pages go up over the coming days, too, and that will make me really happy.

I'm glad you like it. Thanks for being a regular visitor!

21 February, 2009  
Blogger Avi J said...

Hi Anne the blog looks great. Its really cool how you can see which other person in the world is visiting the site at the same time.

22 February, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Hi Avi,

Yes, I like that feature, too. One of the things I've always liked about the NeoWorx gizmo is the ability to see where readers come from -- and so that you can see if someone else is on at the same time. I'm amazed that there have been readers from 104 countries here so far! I always check, hoping to find that a reader from a new country has found my blog.

22 February, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous new design, Anne. Love Heather's flowers, too.

Makes me want to spring clean

23 February, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thanks, Jenny. And interesting that you want to spring clean! So do I. Maybe that's why I'm scanning madly in my office and depleting the piles of paper on a daily basis. It's wonderful.

26 February, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home