Friday, April 17, 2009

Meet the Grandpuppy


There is a new puppy in the family.

A two month old Golden Retriever, he has been long anticipated and will be greatly loved. He came home last night and today he got a name -- Beau.

He will be my 8 year old granddaughter's best buddy for years to come. Lots and lots of years, we hope. My daughter, a deeply devoted dog person, is thrilled -- especially because she's heard there are now under-the-tongue allergy meds. As someone who has endured allergies for the joy of having dogs in her life, this may indeed be a blessing.

Beau is, according to his father, a great puppy with a nice, easy-going personality. He tries to eat tennis balls but, so far, his mouth isn't quite big enough to do more than barely get around them. No room for chewing.

Tomorrow he is apparently going to his first softball tournament because he and my son-in-law are on their own this weekend. He missed the golf tournament today, but I can see he's going to have a full athletic calendar.

I'm looking forward to knowing Beau better. Hoping to get to meet him in person (in dog?) sometime in the fall.

Mitch and Micah are delighted to have a new nephew.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Katie_S said...

Awwww he's just gorgeous!
My first dog was called Beau and he was an awesome dog :-)

17 April, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Beau is a good name. I hope some of your Beau's spirit rubs off on this little guy so he'll grow up to be an awesome dog, too. Thanks, Katie!

18 April, 2009  
Blogger Kate Walker said...

Oh he is just - Beau! What a lovely little guy. A great addition to the family. I hope you get to meet him soon.

Kate

18 April, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thanks, Kate. I hope we get to meet him soon, too. Have fun in Ireland! Say hi to Abby -- and Eamon.

Anne

18 April, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a darling dog! Gives me a smile. We have not had a dog now in sometime, after a lifetime of dogs. Maybe when we get settled in the new home.

18 April, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Curtiss Ann, I definitely think you should consider a new dog to go with your new home. A dog will make it very definitely your home so much faster -- not that I think you're going to have any trouble settling in. I'm impressed at how fast you got those books packed (despite stopping to read!)

18 April, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home