Monday, December 21, 2009

Bye, George!


By George, he's gone.

George, that is. He took his heroine and cyberspatially took off on the weekend so he'll be spending Christmas on the other side of the pond.

It couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Neither could his heroine, Sophy. I am sooooo glad they finally got it together and managed their happily-ever-after.

I hope the ed likes it when she reads it which, she tells me, will probably not be until January. Not a problem. The last thing I want is George coming home for Christmas. Even though I love him dearly, we need a little space. A little less togetherness.

I'm now in the throes of planning Christmas in a week. Or less, obviously. Fortunately before I threw myself headlong at the last few chapters of George, I got most of my Christmas shopping done and the presents that needed mailing were mailed. And a week ago last weekend we put up the tree.

But since George left the building I've been baking and cleaning and washing sheets (for descending grandkids and kids to have places to sleep) and shoveling snow and figuring out Christmas dinner. At Thanksgiving I came within a blink of forgetting potatoes. So I need to start making lists.

It's snowing again tonight. It's supposed to snow for the next three days. That should make the indoor preparations easier and the shopping preparations tricky, to say the least.

I'm off now to write my blog for Tuesday for Tote Bags 'n' Blogs. Drop by and say hi.

To get you in the holiday spirit, in case you're not, this is where Sophy and George are spending Christmas.

Where are you spending it?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Rachael Johns said...

Hey Anne - congrats on getting George and Sophy off! Thanks so much for your brilliant blog posts this year. Hope you and your family and Charlie (that was the laptop's name wasn't it?) have a great Christmas and I look forward more fab posts and books in the new year!
:)
Rach!

21 December, 2009  
Blogger Caroline said...

Huge sigh of relief now George and Sophy have gone I'm sure. Time to unwind (!) and I hope you and your family have a great Christmas and New Year. I'm spending it with my family - as mum is not in too good health this year I'm cooking the turkey dinner - no pressure! Take care. Caroline x

22 December, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Hi Rach,
Great to hear from you. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and that you have lots of writing time next year. So glad you've stopped by for visits. Please come back whenever you can!

Anne

22 December, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Caroline,
Thanks for the sigh of relief! Yes, that's exactly the way it felt. And I'm enjoying the "unwind" a lot -- apart from the snow shoveling, that is. I hope things improve with your mum and that you all have a happy Christmas together. Turkey dinners are comfort food around here, so not really any pressure for me. But if it is for you, I'll keep good thoughts!

Anne

22 December, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home