Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Where I've Been . . .


Nowhere interesting, believe me.

I've been holed up in my office writing George. And writing an article. And creating a Power Point presentation on immigration trails.

George has been the most fun part of my life, which ought to tell you something.

At least I'm not battling him to a standstill the way I did Demetrios. He's actually turning out to be entertaining -- right now -- before revisions and deep in the middle of the first draft.

How often does that happen?

Not very, to be honest. But sometimes it does, and so I'm just enjoying it. Nice to go to work every morning for a change.

I've done a little Christmas shopping, too. And I'm struck, when I do it, how much of it I do online these days. What about you?

I started doing it online when I was looking for things for the older grandsons when they were little -- and I got tired of dragging from store to store to find that what I wanted wasn't there. Or it was there at a price I couldn't bring myself to pay.

So I started looking on the internet and, wow, what a time saver. Money saver, too.

Have your shopping habits changed like mine have?

I'll be back tomorrow when, I hope, George will make it into chapter six, and I will have something new to write about -- a reprint or two (well, that's not new, but it's exciting). I'm just trying to get the information sorted.

In the meantime, if you see Christo hanging around a bookshelf anywhere, do me a favor and put him up at eye level. He was gone at my Target when I looked last week. I was happy about that.

Also happy about the review on the Pink Heart Society where Julie Bonello said, "Anne McAllister never fails to come up with the goods and One Night Mistress...Convenient Wife is one of her best books yet! Funny but poignant, tender but sensuous and moving and utterly engrossing, One Night Mistress... Convenient Wife is a spellbinding Harlequin Presents novel readers will just devour.

"With a spunky heroine, a gorgeous hero and oodles of love, passion and laughter, One-Night Mistress... Convenient Wife is the perfect book to cuddle up with on a cold autumn's night!"

How nice is that? If you want, you can read her whole review here. Thank you, Julie.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

Great review Anne. You must be chuffed. Glad to see you back in blogland. Take care. Caroline x

18 November, 2009  
Blogger Lacey Devlin said...

I'm turning into an internet shopper too. It's sad that even with postage you can get a better deal that way. I almost miss the shops...

18 November, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Caroline, thanks. Nice to have been missed! Hope I can get George moving along as he has been and still write a blog. I didn't really want to interrupt his flow!

Lacey,
Maybe you don't live in the back of the beyond like I do, but internet shopping has brought an amazing variety of choices into my life. Before the internet we had such a limited supply of anything that it was pretty discouraging. And I don't really miss the crowds. Also, it seems like there are more places doing free shipping around the holidays, so I've been watching out for them.

Anne

18 November, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home