Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Splish Splash

Anne Gracie wrote me an email the other day and said, "The weirdest thing just happened. I went to your blog and it sounded like someone was throwing stuff in the water. So I left. And people stopped dropping stuff in the water. But when I went back, they were doing it again." Or words to that effect.

Um, yeah.

Because there's this fish... Or rather this dolphin on my side bar.

I changed the skin of my Neoworx widget listing the Number of Countries that have visited my blog -- and the new one comes with a dolphin.

The water goes up and down -- the dolphin jumps (as dolphins do) up out of the water and splashes back in again.

Hence . . . if you are here more than a minute or two, your computer may sound as if it's being dunked in the sea. Sorry about that.

Except I have to say I'm not terribly sorry because I like the sea. I like listening to it. I don't get to do that a lot. So this dolphin is an extra added benefit to my changing the widget skin. Who knew?

If you're curious, this is the widget you're looking for.

It says people from 124 countries have visited my blog. I'm amazed -- and impressed -- that so many places are represented.

If you know some that aren't, send them on over for a visit. I'd love to have them drop by. Thanks.

George is approaching 40,000 words now. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to say everything else I need to say in the 12,000 or so left to me. Might have to do some judicious cutting. But better to run long than be short. It's always easier to cut.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Lacey Devlin said...

Haha! I love it! You're collecting countries :D If I stumble across any foreign people in my travels I'll send them over :D

03 December, 2009  
Blogger Caroline said...

I've heard the fish splosh for over a week now. It makes me laugh as my dog goes nuts and starts barking. Take care. Caroline x

03 December, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Yes, please, Lacey. All that you can find. There are probably whole continents that have barely come to Anne McAllister's blog! Send 'em over.

Caroline, I guess you're not annoyed that it makes your dog bark. I hope. Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying it. I am, too. Though the fish seems strangely silent this morning. Maybe he's cruising down deep. Say hi to your dog.

03 December, 2009  
Blogger Michelle Styles said...

Oh do hurry with George. After reading Christo, I am longing to read his story...

04 December, 2009  
Blogger Anne said...

" Though the fish seems strangely silent this morning. Maybe he's cruising down deep."

No, the *dolphin* is probably sulking because you keep calling him a fish and he's not a fish he's a dolphin!

I also like the flag test on your sidebar that quizzes you on national flags including some countries I've never heard of. Just plain sneaky!

04 December, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Michelle, Glad you liked Christo. The next Savas up is Demetrios who should be out next spring or summer. That's the book that starts in Cannes. Then George. He's moving along, dotting all his 'i's and crossing all his 't's' very neatly like the good scientist he is.

Anne, yes, he's probably sulking, the dolphin, I mean. Except he's up and splashing for me today. Maybe he just took a coffee break for a while.

04 December, 2009  
Blogger Liz Fielding said...

I knew there was a good reason I keep the sound turned off on my computer!

09 December, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home