Sunday, December 06, 2009

Hijacked -- or something


I went to my blog yesterday and it was gone.

So was my website. In its place was an email server access point which apparently is a legit thing, but . . . huh?

I wrote my hosting company and they seem to have done something in the past 24 hours because I'm back -- at least I am at the moment. But I'm not sure what happened or why or how to prevent it happening again.

Is this normal? Is anything about the internet normal?

George is moving along. The end of the tunnel is out there somewhere. I cut about 3000 words the other day and eliminated Friday. I can't decide if Friday is going to come back and be dismissed in a paragraph or if Friday is just vanishing entirely. I'm thinking the former. But in that case I have to account for it somehow.

One measly paragraph, yes? And then it's - if not clear sailing -- at least a downhill run to the end. How hard is that? Hard enough. I've been staring at the blank screen for two days.

How about: George slept most of Friday. They had pizza for dinner. After he went back to sleep again.

By George, I think it works. You might not see much in it, but it gets me 24 hours closer to the end game. And really, that's all I do need.

I spent part of yesterday (when I wasn't trying to get George through Friday) putting together a collage of all the kids and grandkids to send out at Christmas. I usually do something for Christmas with pix -- and this year I think the collage might be the best. And what a terrific time waster -- er, time-consuming activity. Once I get an up-dated pic of Glow Kid and her mom, I'll be all set.

Let's hope the blog remains viable and doesn't disappear again!

Glad to be back!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Anne,

There's nothing that can prevent the host from writing over your content, but we can hope they keep a backup...if not, I have one. The thing is just to pick a host that has at least some sort of reliability factor.

Glad it's back and didn't stay down for too long! :-)

07 December, 2009  
Blogger Caroline said...

Glad you are "back"! Take care. Caroline x

07 December, 2009  
Blogger Lacey Devlin said...

Poor you! George needs to behave himself!

07 December, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thanks, Heather. The web hosting company doesn't seem to know what happened, either. But they're happy it's resolved.

Caroline, nice to be back. It was a little odd -- like being in a black hole somewhere.

Lacey, George is trying his best. It's those transitions that aren't cooperating!

08 December, 2009  
Blogger Liz Fielding said...

Glad George is coming along. And that you're back. When the web throws up weird things it is deeply unsettling. I'm sure there's a story in that, but I'm not the person to right it!

09 December, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home