Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy Birthday, Anne Gracie!


It's that time of year again -- Anne Gracie's birthday!

If you aren't already familiar with Anne's wonderful warm witty books, get thee to Amazon or Book Depository or Barnes and Noble or your favorite neighborhood bookshop and start ordering all of her terrific back list.

If you have already read them, you know what I'm talking about, and you'll be delighted to know that she's got another great story nearly ready to send to her publisher. I've had the pleasure of reading bits and pieces of Nash Renfrew's story when she feels charitable enough to send me a piece. I'm loving it.

So rather than encourage her to go out and celebrate her birthday, instead I suggested she stay home and write. There will be plenty of time for merry-making AFTER Nash has been safely bundled off to the publisher (but he could make a quick trip by my house on his way, just so I can find out how it ends, please!)

Happy birthday, Anne!

Thank you for your friendship, your sense of humor, your maravelous books, your wonderful heroes and delightful heroines. Thank you for your wisdom and your laughter.

Thank you for making me make George pull his socks up and be a hero. Ditto for Demetrios, Christo, Seb, PJ, and Spence. They thank you, too.

And Nash will thank you if you'll please just go back now and get to work!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Thanks, Anne for the lovely good wishes. This explains all the emails I've received from people who stunned me by knowing it was my my birthday. Paranoia now under control. LOL.

Friendship is a two way street, and I'm very glad I met you all those years ago on that author loop when I was a raw newbie from the other side of the world. And I love it that you let me meet your gorgeous heroes before they go out into the world.

Have had a lovely birthday, even if I was chained to a computer all day and refusing to party. Had loads of emails and phone messages and cards -- e and actual-- and chocolates and other nice pressies.

Had several rather unusual gifts, as well -- the rarest being the gift of approx 300 tadpoles all named Anne in my honor, though (thankfully) they will continue living at their birthplace near the New South Wales university town of Armidale.
These are royal tadpoles, you understand -- princes and princesses all -- or they will be after they've been kissed-- so naturally instead of crocheting bootees or little hats, I'm beading tiny tiaras and crowns, approx 300 of them... ;)

14 January, 2010  
Blogger Lacey Devlin said...

Happy birthday Anne! Good luck with all those tiny tiaras and crowns ;)

14 January, 2010  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Anne, I see these tiaras and crowns as the supreme procrastination device -- destined to keep you from your appointed time with Nash unless you squelch the impulse to bead them at once!

I do like the concept of royal tadpoles, though. Could you perhaps work them into the book?

Happy birthday!

14 January, 2010  
Blogger Anne said...

Thanks, Lacey.

Anne, will see if I can work it in to the book. It's the right season for taddies, so maybe...

15 January, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home