Friday, October 13, 2006

Batakis Search Report . . . and assorted other comments

A couple of days ago I wrote about The Search for Batakises which came about as a result of my having a character called Mark Batakis in my book, The Antonides Marriage Deal.

I am happy to report that one Batakis family member reads blogs. Or at least searches for the name Batakis on them (besides the original searcher, that is). So I have now sent searcher #2 on to searcher #1, and with luck they can combine resources and find more family. If they have a reunion -- and tell me about it -- I'll let you know. And if any more decide to appear, send me message and you can join the ranks. Maybe we'll find there are more than a handful out there. Here's hoping.

It does make me think, after the Antonides appearance and now the Batakis family, that I am missing the boat here. I should be posting my own research queries. So, if anyone is connected to the Hazels from Edgefield South Carolina -- who went to Alabama and to Texas and to Oklahoma and points west, I'd like to talk to you. Ditto if you're related to Moses Guest who moved from Benton County, Arkansas to Texas after the civil war.

And, of course, if you are related to Spence and Sadie and want to contribute your thoughts to revisions, get in touch. We're on the last gasp of them (I hope) and sometime early next week they should be out of here. They will undoubtedly have a few things to contribute of their own to this blog before they go. And then I think they might turn it over to Theo and Martha whose book should be coming out right after the first of the year.


Did everyone celebrate Hugh's birthday? Should we get a start on it now for next year?

Over at the Pink Heart Society there has been a discussion about Irish names. I love Irish names -- even the ones I can't pronounce. I think we should discuss favorite names here. What's your favorite?

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Kathleen, it's one of my faves, too. If we'd had more girls that would undoubtedly have been one of them. But we only had one!

13 October, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thanks for your reply, Tony! I'll send you on, shall I?

22 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home