Thursday, January 04, 2007

Ireland in February . . . is anything open?


I've spent an interesting day trying to track down a place to stay in Ireland in February. I've literally spent hours on the internet finding places that are wonderful only to find that they are also closed.

Can't say as I blame them. I know what it costs to heat my house in the winter, so I can just imagine what it costs to heat an Irish castle, stately home or manor house in the winter. No wonder they all button up tight!

Anyway, after hours of very interesting but basically fruitless searching I finally gave up being picky and just starting winging emails out to all and sundry -- and now I'm going to bed and will get up in the morning to see which Irish proprietors answer their email. It's going to be a bit of serendipity. If you answer you may just be the place that I end up. The luck of the draw. Fate. All those things that Flynn isn't sure he believes in -- until he gets Sara back in his life.

Maybe there's a rhyme or a reason to this after all.

I did find one rather promising place that looked as if it might be open. I sent a pic of it to Kate Walker and said, "Here. What do you think of this?"

And I got back an email that said, "You only want to go see the dog. Find a castle you want to explore!"

She knows me too well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Hi Kathleen

I had found one which turned out to be closed. So I continued looking (as this blog piece suggested). I have now found one -- a "stately country home" that I think will do nicely. I'll write more about it when I know more. Thanks for asking.

I'm getting excited about the trip. Made my plane reservations today. I hope you get to visit Ireland someday, too.

05 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home