Saturday, January 27, 2007

Sundry Stuff


There is a comment on last night's blog from CJ of ClustrMaps explaining why Invercargill might not have been mislaid after all. It has to do with where the ISP of the person connecting actually is. So maybe Pat Snellgrove's ISP is in Christchurch . . . or Wellington.

I'm so impressed with how well they monitor the comments about ClustrMaps. Amazing customer service. Thanks again, CJ et al!

And, if you are from Invercargill, drop by and say hi (and tell us where your ISP is!). And while you're here, reassure me that Invercargill is where I left it, please. Thanks.

I got a copy of Max and Louise's book, The Valentine Bride, in the mail today from Liz Fielding. I can hardly wait to read it. I started it before dinner and almost didn't get the meal on the table. It was too much fun reading about Louise and Max. That's Louise over there beneath the pic of Max. She does look like she can give Max a run for his money, doesn't she?

I'm hoping to ask Liz a few questions for my upcoming week of Q&A on the eharlequin boards beginning Feb 5. I'm going to be talking about "creating fictional worlds." And while I have done it for my own books and in conjunction with a couple of other authors when we've linked books, I've never done it with a "bible" provided by the publisher. Liz has. She did it in The Valentine Bride. So I'm hoping she'll be on hand to answer some questions.

If anyone has questions about the topic, please post them in the comments section before Feb 5 or drop me a line from the "contact" tab on my website and let me know what you'd like to talk about. I think it should be fun -- especially if we get a good dialogue going. Please stop by. I'll post a link as soon as I can figure out what it is.

Flynn and Sara are doing well. They sent their best wishes from the coffee shop in New York -- the one I never thought they'd get to. It took 40 days and 40 nights of walking the streets of NYC, believe me. More, in fact. And finally I just started outside the coffee shop, junked the earlier stuff, and, hey, it worked!

Of course I had to throw out 6000 words, but it's a small price to pay for some sort of progress -- and energy. Can't minimize the energy.

Theo and Ted and Martha should be around tomorrow and will, I hope, provide some sort of blog before they head off on their honeymoon (yes, Ted is going, too). I had to get them all registered on "new blogger" today because I got forcibly switched (no choice involved really) this morning, which put a crimp in the first half of my day.

They all have gmail addresses now (well, all except Ted. You have to draw the line somewhere.). How weird is that?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ted's going on the honeymoon? Why am I not surprised and I'm sure Theo is taking along lots of treats for this fine pooch!

Your review on The Santorine Bride is now posted at The Pink Heart Society!

28 January, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thanks, Marilyn! So glad you enjoyed Theo and Martha's story.

29 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home