Monday, January 22, 2007

You Only Have To Ask . . .


The music is gone!

On my website, that is. Actually my webmistress just flipped the switch or did something equally helpful. So now you can have the music if you want it, but you don't get it unless you specifically go looking for it.

So check it out. Spend all the time you want -- in silence. Or with whatever you want playing in the background. We aim to please.

She and I had a good conversation today about how to make things work. She actually treated my mock-up kindly. She did not burst out laughing. Or if she did, she got over it and managed to sound straight-faced when we got together on the phone. But she said it was not going to be as simple as I had hoped.

She said, "It's a whole new look." I said, "Well, yes . . ." She said, "Then we can't just change colors and tinker and be done with it." And I said, "I suppose not. . . " And she said, "So, what do you want to do?" And I took a deep breath and said, "Let's go for it."

So we are. But it's going to take longer than Valentine's Day now. Easter, maybe? I don't know. I'll hope for St Patrick's day. That would be a good Irish time to aim for.

Anyway, I will keep you posted. But I'm excited about it. I think it will be a nice change.

If you have any more suggestions, please send them along. It's not too late. And with luck, this will be a design that we can add onto easily and not have to go back to the drawing board if something new turns up.

Also, a month ago I won a book on Ebay about Irish castles. It got lost in the Christmas mail and then got sent back to the seller. Today it finally arrived. It's HUGE. There are so many glorious pictures that I'm enthralled. I can definitely get great ideas from this for Flynn's castle -- though many of these don't look drafty at all.

I wish I could find a book that would give me as clear a picture of what's going through his head. Damn, this man is complex! Charming one minute. Hard-edged and impatient the next. And very definitely "lord of the manor" through and through. He does want what he wants -- but it goes against what he believes he must do. He doesn't just have to battle Sara. He has to battle himself. Why can't he be straightforward and get get on with it?

I can hear Kate's answer even as I ask: Because he's a McAllister hero, that's why.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate Walker said...

Actually, that answer is 'Because he's a McAllister *Presents* hero' - and yes, that's why!

And admit it - you wouldn't want him to be any other way!

Kate

23 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And another small request.
Can the family trees not be in PDF format? I hate waiting for Adobe acrobat to load. I know a pet peeve of mine. And then I found it difficult to navigate back.
I did however like the family tree.
Oh and could your backlist go in reverse date order so that the latest books are listed first?
And have you thought about having a Press Kit?

23 January, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Kate, you could be right. I'll have to go bang my head against the book some more and see if that helps me figure him out. No wonder he's confusing me!

Michelle,
I forget now why the family tree was in PDF. I think it was because I did it in WordPerfect and my webmistress could put it up in Word or PDF and translating it to Word didn't work. Now I'm hoping to use a different program, so I might just start over (but that will be a project for a rainy day).

The latest to newest listing is a possibility. But it gets tricky when you're doing linked books because most people want to read them in order if they haven't kept up -- and they don't like having to reverse.

But we're breaking things down now into lines as well, so there will be less to deal with on any give page. Maybe that will help.

Press kit? As in what? Elaborate, my dear. Bio? Reviews? Awards? What?

23 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home