Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The Grooms II Winner is . . .

Hey Gang,

Theo here. We have a winner in the Grooms II contest -- Crystal Broyles!

Congratulations, Crystal. Thanks for entering.
And thanks to all the people who took the time to enter.

I got one of our books (Martha's and mine), The Santorini Bride, and took it to the post office today. So you should get it soon. I also sent Max and Dom emails telling them who won -- so either they or Liz and Kate will be sending you copies of their prizes as well.

I expect you'll hear from Liz right away, but Kate is in the middle of some big 50th book celebration, and Anne tells me she's got a lot to do right now. So if it takes a while to get there from her, please be patient.

Can't be any worse than what happened to Mona in Egypt. She won Dom's contest and Anne mailed her the book before she left for Ireland, and it got there three months later! Air mail! What's more, Mona said that not only did Anne have to pay postage on her end, she (Mona) had to pay for the book to get it on her end, too! Something fishy there, I'd say.

Anyway, I trust you won't have similar problems, Crystal. And I hope you enjoy that book. WE enjoyed the book -- well, the ending anyway. Some of the earlier bits were a little hard on the hero, speaking from experience, you understand.

Anne's deep in the throes of 'ending' her revisions now. So she suggested I come and blog today.

She thinks tomorrow she might have Hugh Jackman come and blog.

I said, "You wish."

She said, "Well, actually, yes, I do."


I suppose that means she'll be posting one of those Hugh-in-a-towel pictures again.

I said, "Isn't that getting a little old?"

She said, "Hugh-in-a-towel will never get old."


Women! Bah!




7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crystal's book went to the post office yesterday, Theo. I hope it gets there soon.

Liz says thank you for running this competition while she was in her deadline nightmare. Right now she's apparently in a "nothing in my head" nightmare, but I have no doubt that it, too, will pass.

Max

Liz

06 June, 2007  
Blogger Kate Walker said...

Dom says:

If you sent Kate the address for Crystal then that never arrived - so email is as bad as the snail mail! If you send it today I will personally make sure that the prize goes in the post immediamente!

Kate says grazie too.

And Max - she says to tell Liz that she is in the 'nothing in the head nightmare too' - they never had that problem with us, did they?

Ciao

Domenico

06 June, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there something in the air, with this "nothing in the head" business? (Trust me, it's worse when you're a planner and you have the whole thing mapped out, but your head goes "don't want to write this one any more"...)

I think you need to post pics of gorgeous men. And not just Hugh-in-a-towel...

06 June, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Max, thank you! I'm sure she'll enjoy it -- although it's not your book this one, is it? Did you send Ben's book?

Dom, tell Kate W that I will resend the address for Crystal AGAIN today. No, cybermail is apparently no more reliable than snail mail.

Kate H, nothing in the head? I wish. Mine are full of revisions. But thank God for that. I expect the empty head syndrome to hit on Friday. At least it better wait until then!

And I second your vote for gorgeous men. You'd be amazed how the number of hits spikes when Hugh appears in his towel!

06 June, 2007  
Blogger Christa said...

Congrats Crystal.

Theo will Martha let you pose in a towel? Can we get George out of the lab to pose in a towel? This is why we vote for Hugh :-)

06 June, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Christa,

I've asked Martha. She's not sure. She thinks she might prefer to have Theo to herself. But she said, if you can find an old copy of whatever mag named him "World's Sexiest Sailor" she is sure there's a picture of him in a towel in there!

Not sure about George coming out of the lab at all, let alone in a towel. But I'll see if I get a response from him.

In the meantime, I'm afraid it will have to be Hugh again.

Life is tough!

06 June, 2007  
Blogger Madeline said...

I totally agree with Anne. Hugh in a towel will never get old. Mads:)

08 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home