Monday, June 04, 2007

Re-Seeding

All the slash and burn is behind us -- well, mostly it is. And while there may be a bit of steaming smoking land in the real world when that happens, what I've got is some good ground to plant some new stuff.

So that's what's happening today -- a bit of re-seeding.

Those of you who have read some of my Code of the West books may remember a cabin in the mountains. It belongs to Taggart Jones's family. Jed McCall and his nephew, Tuck, lived there at the start of Cowboy Pride. Later, after Jed moved to the ranch with Brenna, it became sort of a bolt hole for anybody who needed a place to get away from it all.

When Shane Nichols stole the wrong bride in The Cowboy Steals a Lady, he took her to the cabin. It was where his brother Mace (from A Cowboy's Tears) had lived the year before when he was separated from his wife.

But I didn't imagine I'd ever get to use it in a Presents novel. Never say never, however. The time is here.

I'm looking forward to seeing the cabin again. I'm looking forward to whatever imaginative uses Flynn and Sara put it to. Should be fun. Wish I had more time to actually wallow in enjoying it -- but these revisions have got to be out of here by the end of the week.

Speaking of cowboys, if you haven't just come from Kate Walker's blog, you might want to drop by today. Donna Alward, doing her guest blog in honor of Kate's 50th title, has posted a question about favorite cowboys.

It gave me a chance to write the words: Jess Harper.

Sadly I don't have time to re-visit my infatution with Jess again today. But I will refer you to an earlier post or two which cover the topic adequately.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kate Walker said...

Aaah Jess Harper :-)

No further comment needed - we have such great taste

04 June, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

We do, indeed!

04 June, 2007  
Blogger Madeline said...

Hi Anne,
I remember that cabin well and, look foward to reading another book with the cabin in it. I'm now going back to your posts about Jess Harper. You have me curious now. Your infatuated with him? I can't wait to see why.
Have a great day. Mads:)

05 June, 2007  
Blogger Madeline said...

OMG! You talked to Robert Fuller on the phone. I think I'm jealous. Lucky you. Now if Hugh Jackman ever calls you, I don't think I want to know. He's my ultimate fantasy man. I'd really be jealous then. Mads:)

05 June, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Ah, Mads, I would love a call from Hugh, too.

But yes, I had a call from Robert Fuller, followed by a lunch (twice) when I was in LA. He's been a great resource on matters to do with film as well. He helped me a lot with the background for my cowboy actor hero Sloan Gallagher in The Great Montana Cowboy Auction, and he provided my stunt coordinator resource guy for Cowboys Don't Quit.

And I'm not evening mentioning "the kiss!"

05 June, 2007  
Blogger Madeline said...

Hi Anne, Wow! 2 lunches and a kiss? Now I know I'm jealous. Since I read Cowboys Don't quit, I'm glad to know that Robert Fuller had a part in providing background information. I'll never think of that story in the same way again. You are definitely one very lucky lady. Mads:)

05 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home