Wednesday, June 20, 2007

on the road yet again . . .

It seems like I just got home (well, in fact, I did) and I'm off again today. This time I'll be gone a bit less than a week and will just be enjoying the son, daughter-in-law and dog. The not quite born baby will have to wait to be enjoyed for another couple of months. But the shower is Sunday and I didn't want to miss that.

Flynn and Sara have become incognito -- at least to me. I have no idea where they are, if they met with approval or if they are sulking somewhere expecting me to fix them further. So, until I do hear something, they are going to just have to languish. Perhaps they are being copyedited. If so, they are in Canada and I hope Judi gets them and enjoys them and doesn't red pencil them (or me) too much. She's a great copyeditor so I'm sure they'll be well-treated.

Bits and pieces are falling into my "box" that I get to write outside of (once I get something in it). Not sure I'm going to do a collage this time. Maybe. I've still got the Flynn and Sara collage above my computer. I'm afraid to take it down until I know they are safely on their way into production. (Also, hanging it there gets it out of the way).

My son says I can use his computer while I'm visiting, so I expect to be able to get online. I might even shoot a couple of photos from his back door or front door, both of which have very lovely views.

I'm also guest blogging for Kate Walker's 50th sometime soon (I have to write it first) and Kate Hardy's 25th (ditto). I'll send up a flare when the posts go up.

In the meantime, I'm happy to say that my new hero is taking shape.

He's a cousin of Theo's. His name is Sebastian.

And I'm pretty sure I know just the woman to turn his well-ordered world upside down. I'm taking them on my trip with me. We'll see how well they behave.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh, la la......

Kate

21 June, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

I take it you approve, Kate!

Still working things out on the heroine, but yes, I think Sebastian might be a keeper.

Anne

21 June, 2007  
Blogger Madeline said...

Sebastian mmmmm Yummy! I can't wait to read about him. I love the name. Mads:)

22 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home