Sunday, June 10, 2007

On the road again . . .

We were somewhere south of Nashville, eating dinner in an Arby's when Willie Nelson came on the piped in music thingy singing, On The Road Again.

It felt like a theme song. We'd been driving about 11 hours by then. We thought we would stop in Nashville for the night, but we got to Nashville shortly after 5 and it seemed far too early to stop. Plus it's only another 3 hours or less to Birmingham. So we continued on.

Turned up here at just past 9 (having had the dinner stop). I was very very glad this morning that we had done it all in one day. Now I just need something for my headache!

Not sure how often I will get back here during the week. But if anyone knows why the "check" light has come on in my car which was just gone over with a fine tooth comb (and wrench) by my local mechanics and didn't have a "check" light on before I took it in and seems to run fine regardless, I'd be delighted to know. I hope it behaves itself.

And just so you know, gas is cheapest in Kentucky. The scenery is pretty nice, too!

2 Comments:

Blogger Madeline said...

Ok, I know I'm only a female but the last time the check engine light came on in my car, the gas cap was loose. I know males are supposed to be manly and know all about cars but, I discovered this little oversight myself. Tightened the cap and Voila! No more check light. With all the computer hookups in the cars today, it could be something as simple as that or a loose battery cable. I hope you find the problem and have a safe trip home. Mads:)

11 June, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thanks, Mads. Yes, that was one of the things we checked and it didn't make a difference.

But you know what did? Time. Went out today and drove it twice and no light. But everything works. So maybe it just got a little flustered, driving so far.

Thanks
Anne

11 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home