Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Eamon and Abby Sitting in a tree . . .

Well, maybe not in a tree and not K-I-S-S-I-N-G. Yet. But things are progressing.

Remember Eamon the sheep that Abby Green sent me from the far reaches of Ireland?

Well, if you don't, here he is. He's on my bookshelf staring down at me as I write.

Remember Eamon's Greek cousin, Mr Bushy Moustache. Abby sent him to me from her trip to Greece (research, don't you know?).

Remember Eamon the Apron (who actually sounds like a Welsh chef, if you ask me) that Abby sent from, um, well, I don't exactly know where. Dublin perhaps?

I thought that all this Eamon sending was getting a little one-sided.

Yes, I've threatened to write her a hero called Eamon. But I'm up to my eyeballs in another book right now. And I need to get back to Seb and Neely at some point. So Eamon-and-Abby The Book might be a ways off.

Consequently I decided she needed a reminder of Eamon in her life. Preferably somewhere she couldn't miss him -- like in her bed.

And so my version of Eamon went winging her way late last week. (Those are little sheep if you can't tell what the black and white things are!)

She says he has arrived. She especially likes the black sheep among the others. I see character development on the horizon.

And other things, too, as now she's gone to bed with him. Quick work, Abby!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I have to admit to a defeat of sorts. I have gone to bed with Eamon, the earth didn't exactly move but he was very warm and snuggly which is handy as it is getting a little frosty here on this side of the Atlantic...
BUT what I'm much more interested in finding out is WHO is the hunk in the suit from down below...?!
x Abby (wheedling and cajoling)

27 September, 2007  
Blogger Christa said...

hmm I think I have his twin brother on my pajama pants because they are pink with white sheep, white clouds, dark blue stars and dark blue moons

27 September, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Wow, there are LOTS of people going to bed with Eamons these days. Maybe we're starting a trend (I have some of Abby's Eamons as well).

I love the sounds of yours, Christa. Sounds lovely.

Dunno about Eamon in the suit, Abby. Maybe he'll contact you and let you know!

27 September, 2007  
Blogger Madeline said...

I have that same Eamon nightshirt and I love it. Abby, go on and admit it, it's really fun sleeping with a very warm, very cute bunch of little Eamons. Hugs, Mads:)

27 September, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Mads, you've got to be kidding! You have an Eamon nightshirt too? How wild is that? Well, Abby will have to be careful. Eamon might be two-timing her!

I'm not sure how keen she'll be on having a bunch of little Eamons. Might be jumping the gun a bit!

27 September, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What! Why that two timing...this fledgling romance is DEAD!
Abby

27 September, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Ah, Abby, come on. You can just toss him out on his ear -- or tail. Just give him a chance to explain. Maybe he has a twin or a triplet, like Christa suggested!

No misunderstandings. This is not a bad romance novel. It's a GOOD romance novel!

27 September, 2007  
Blogger Madeline said...

Anne, My cute little Eamons told me that they were just poor working cousins of Abbys Eamon. Have no fear, Abbys Eamon is very loyal.

I finished Spence and Sadies story last night. All I can say is Wow! I loved it. Of course, I wanted to hit Spence over the head a few times but, I grew to love him.

Your furry Goddaughter said to thank you for allowing her to be named after such a great lady like Sadie. Mads:)

27 September, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home