Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Ducks and details . . .


I'm back at the beginning, lining up the ducks. Everything is done except the last part of the last chapter -- and all the bits and pieces that a re-read of the book shows me that I need to layer in to create the details that make it all work.

So that's what I'm doing now. And then I will wrap it up and send it merrily off to Richmond.

And then, I would like to say, I'm going to take some time off. But the fact is, I have a review to write for some genealogical software which is due on Monday. I should have had it in tomorrow, but dealing with the last gasp of PJ and Ally has put it on hold with its editor's blessing (she's going out of town anyway).

THEN, I intend to take some time off, shovel out my office, clean house, repaint and recarpet the bedroom, buy a new mattress for our bed, new blinds for our windows, go Christmas shopping in a real store instead of online (but possibly only once; I do like online shopping; the selection is so much better), and sit down and read some lovely long anticipated books.

I can't wait.

But first, the details . . . and the ducks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz Fielding said...

Oh, well done, Anne! Total envy here in Wales, but then you've been getting the words down while getting mine sorted has been closer to trying to round-up cats.

But what I dropped by to say -- actally I've dropped by several times, but blogger wasn't playing -- is that I loved The Boss's Wife for a Week. The airmiles were put to excellent use and I just loved the Christmas tree ending.

Now ... back to the cats.

15 November, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Hi Liz, Thanks so much for your kind words about The Boss's Wife For A Week. And lovely of you to have read it on an airplane just in case anyone noticed what you were reading!
Glad you liked the ending -- so did I, but probably more from a "thank God, it's done" standpoint than anything else.

Herding cats, yep, I can identify with that. The cats are in the pen here right now ("corral" just doesn't seem the right word for it. They'd be too likely to escape.) But I am hopeful that mine will march off to Richmond later today. Fingers crossed.

15 November, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home