Thursday, August 21, 2008

Gunnar's Winner!


Over on the Tote Bags 'n' Blogs site we discussed (well, I ranted, but other people discussed) books to read on vacation. And I said Gunnar would pick a winner from among the comments.

He chose Maryciao (aka Mary) who offered the suggestion of Dancing With Joy -- a book of poetry that, with a title like that, cannot possibly be a downer.

To illustrate this, Mary offered the poem Blossoms by Li-Young Lee from the book:

"O, to take what we love inside,
to carry within us an orchard"

Sounds wonderful to me. That's what I like about the books I've read -- they are an orchard that I carry within me. They nourish my heart and my mind and my soul.

Gunnar says they nourish his, too.

Thank you, Mary, and thank you to everyone else who participated.

# # #


Happy First Birthday, Ellie!


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz Fielding said...

Happy birthday, Ellie! You are sooo gorgeous!

22 August, 2008  
Blogger Madeline said...

Hi Anne, I'm sorry I missed wishing Ellie a Happy Birthday. She is growing so fast, and she is definitely a very beautiful little girl. Happy Belated Birthday Ellie from one of your Grandmothers biggest fans. Mads:)

27 August, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home