Sunday, November 09, 2008

No Place Like Home

I have barely seen "home" in 6 weeks. It looks pretty much the way I remember it. The dogs were glad to see me. So was The Prof.

So were the complement of grandsons (three of the four in existence, the eldest being elsewhere) who were in the front yard when I got home from the airport. So was the new puppy who was following after the twins. I harbor a deep wish that said puppy will find a different home as the boys already have a dog (father of puppy), and this puppy looked like twins would be too much for him. Just my humble opinion.

It is rare however to feel that kids will be too much for a dog, so trust me on this.

Anyway, I am home. And I wrote 35,000 words in 3 weeks (amazing even myself, not to mention the 8 year old granddaughter), and I have one and a half scenes to go to finish Christo's book. Correction: to finish a draft of Christo's book.

It should be done in the morning. Then I can go back to the beginning and line up all the frogs (remember, we're in the year of the frog in McAllisterland; the ducks are taking the year off).

With luck Christo and Natalie can go winging off to the editor on Wednesday or Thursday. Early for once. Imagine that.

I'm also way behind on updating my website. Poor PJ, aka Antonides' Forbidden Wife, is halfway through his month on the shelves in UK and Ireland and I haven't even posted him on the sidebar.

I will stick him here, though so you know to look out for him if you are a UK/Ireland person in need of a good book.

I might even let PJ or Ally come and blog. What do you think? Should we invite them?

I'm going to bed with Christo now -- and finish his scene. Get your minds out of the gutter.

See you tomorrow (I hope).

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate Walker said...

Welcome home. I'll bet the Prof - and the hounds were glad to see you. There's nothing quite like your own bed is there!

I have PJs book on my TBR pile - all I need to do is get my own Ricardo out of here. ("All"!!)

My word verification today is 'aries' - I wonder how often it makes a real word.

Good to have you back

Kate

10 November, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thank you, Kate. Good to be back. And yes, the pups are definitely pleased.

Good luck with your revisions. Hope they go quickly and well. I'll be looking forward to doing whatever I have to do on Christo once he's finished. It's the 'finishing' that I'm looking forward to mostly right now.

Aries? Hmm. I think I've had maybe two times it's actually been a real word. Don't remember them, though. Usually I would -- the mind is full of trivia.

10 November, 2008  
Blogger priley65 said...

There's no place like home. I hope your travels were a lot of fun. Good luck on finishing with Christo. I've been writing too. I got a nice, long rejection letter on Friday from The Wild Rose Press, but it had a lot of poitives. They pegged me on ly words and POV switches. Thought I had read and learned but appently not. Looking forward to your next book.

10 November, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Hi Patricia,
Glad to hear you've been writing. Hope you'll take the best points from your rejection letter and turn it into a positive. It's always good when they comment rather than just sending it back. So take heart.

Christo's draft should be finished today. Then I can set about making it all work together! I hope.

10 November, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home