Monday, November 24, 2008

Out of the Hammock

No sooner did I mention the word hammock, than my editor pricked up her ears and went, "Ah ha! She's loafing. Must do something about that."

And she did. She sent me revisions and took herself off to Cornwall so I could get on with them.

That's called adding insult to injury as far as I'm concerned. But they are sensible sane sorts of revisions that I could see will make the book better. So I'm thinking about how to accomplish them this week -- and hopefully doing just that.

While I'm gone with my nose in the computer again, I thought I would share with you some of the pix I took in Cannes. I promised Donna Alward, on the Pink Heart blog comments today, that I would put up some photos so she could travel vicariously a bit (since I know exactly how tied down she's feeling. Been there, done that.). I'll save some of Cornwall and elsewhere

So, enjoy. Think of me slaving away. And if I don't get back by Thanksgiving, have a blessed holiday with family and friends. And if you can't be with them, carry them in your heart. That
works, too.


Early Morning along La Croisette



The beach, before the people



Just to remind you of the film festival in Cannes


Restaurants are everywhere


The front garden of one of the small hotels where we had breakfast



Where Presents heroes hang out, of course



View toward La Croisette from the Festival Hall



Inside the Festival Hall -- lots of red carpet



The Palme d'Or, symbol of the Cannes Film Festival

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Donna Alward said...

ANNE. You were right. FAB pictures. My feet are itchy just thinking about it. And I had deliberately left the Riviera off my list...

I think I'll jump in YOUR suitcase.

25 November, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Glad you've enjoyed them, Donna. The trip to Cannes far exceeded my expectations. Now I just want to go back. I'll let you know next time I go so you can hop in the suitcase!

25 November, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the revisions! Just waiting to hear back on my own...x Abby Green

25 November, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

I had forgotten how beautiful it is and thanks for bringing back fond memories. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

25 November, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Hi Abby, I'm sure your revisions will be fine and we can look forward to another great book from you sometime next year.

Marilyn, yes, it is gorgeous, isn't it? And the air is so fresh and absolutely wonderful. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

25 November, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home