Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!


I could look back at 2008 and talk about what has happened, because certainly good stuff has. But enough other stuff that happened is no place I want to dwell, so I think I'll take a page out of my middle son's book and say, "Time to move on."

And having done so, and thinking positive, I will toss out a few resolutions as well.

1. Get the revisions done. This is a no-brainer. They need to be in next week. They will be. Christo has finally got his act together. It's just a matter of me getting it on the page now. Or, the rest of it on the page.

2. Enjoy winter. Sometimes easier said than done because often hereabouts winter is a pain. But as my stepdad would have said, "It's better than the alternative." By this he meant, not summer, but being dead. My stepdad dealt in basics. And winter is definitely preferable.

3. Finish two books (Christo's doesn't count; it is finished, it's just being tinkered with).

4. Go visit the grandkids. Pretty sure I'll be able to keep that one!

5. Use the 'bird by bird' approach to getting my office cleaned -- one box at a time.

I'm going to stop at five because I don't want to overload the circuits. And I do want to have a reasonable chance of keeping them.

What about you? What resolutions are you making? Or do you make any at all?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Styles said...

Good luck on your revisions.
It sounds like you have a handle on them.

And have a happy new year.

01 January, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thank you, Michelle. I thought I had a handle on them before. But every time I tried to make my lawyer hero do something, my husband's cousin, a lawyer, told me I'd be getting him disbarred! So now I'm vetting his entire career with her!

01 January, 2009  
Blogger Liz Fielding said...

Happy New Year, Anne!

Resolutions ... Day 2 and already I'm in trouble!

02 January, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Me, too, Liz. Especially writing all day long to get the revisions done on time!

02 January, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home