Monday, December 08, 2008

Pictures and words

Kate Walker posted a lovely blog about "a very fine dog indeed" on Monday -- a tribute to Gunnar that I appreciate more than words can say.

Everyone has been so kind in their support and their comments that I just want to say thank you all for your care and your concern for me and my family and for all the nice things you said about Gunnar (who would say that he certainly deserved them!).

I indulged myself today briefly by playing with Wordle, making word pictures of my blog about him, trying to find one that spoke to me. They all do, really. But I guess I like this one best:

Micah is mastering the art of keeping my feet warm, so I suspect he will be an important part of the revision process. And Mitch is putting his head on my knee as I write. They are both wonderful companions and doing their best to darn a patch of sorts over the hole Gunnar left.

Again, thank you all so much. It's true that you meet the greatest people writing books!

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Kate Walker said...

I'm glad you liked my blog about Gunnar. I loved meeting him and was glad I got the chance. Micah and Mitch must miss him too and wonder where he's gone - please give them ear rubs from me. I hope one of them masters the art of footwarming - I'm afraid Flora Floozibelle is too much of a Princess for that so I still miss Bob lying on my toes.

love

Kate

09 December, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure that Michah and Mitch must miss Gunnar too. He sounds like he had a lot of personality and has left a very big hole to fill. Love the picture.


Chris.

09 December, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Dear Kate,
I wish you a foot-warming cat in your future. Obviously not a princess next time. Thank you again for Gunnar's wonderful tribute.

Dear Chris
Yes, Mitch and Micah miss Gunnar a lot. They were there, though, when he died and they seem to realize what happened. They're wonderful dogs themselves who have operated in his shadow, so now I'm sure they will come into their own. They are both very loving, wonderful goldens -- and very cozy dogs to hug. They're getting lots of hugs!

Anne

09 December, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Anne and Kate, through the years I've always enjoyed your "pet" posts and when I read about Gunnar, well let's just say I had to take a moment. As an owner of both cats and dogs, I remember how hard it is to loose one as they become a part of your family.

My heart goes out to you Anne and your family for his loss but knowing you, he'll fondly be remembered.

09 December, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Dear Marilyn, Thank you for your kind words. As someone who loves her own animals, you obviously understand what I'm dealing with now. It is difficult, but definitely worth the pain to have had Gunnar in our lives. Indeed he will be remembered with love and appreciation all our lives.

09 December, 2008  
Blogger A Homeschool Story said...

Dear Anne,

Thank you for your comments, and I just wanted to let you know, I thought of you and the passing of Gunnar all day today. Once again, I am so sorry. Losing a good friend, a loyal dog, is so sad.

I'll make sure to come by and pet your other beasties next time I am home.

Angela

10 December, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Would love to see you and any of the kids, Ange. Thanks for keeping me and Gunnar in your thoughts.

11 December, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home