Saturday, December 06, 2008

Up to my neck . . .

Apologies for the lack of posts which is not intentional.

There is the general holiday preparation stuff which normally goes on at this time of year. But there are also the book revisions which are making me rethink the first third of the book and recast it in a slightly different form.

I like the suggestions my editor made and the changes I've done so far have made it a better and stronger book, I think. At least Christo and Natalie seem to think so. They want me to get on with it faster. I will.

But presently I am also dealing with a very very sick dog. As he has been a member of the family for twelve years -- and the outcome does not look promising -- I am rather distracted and spend a lot of time with him. So bear with me, please.

Gunnar is a very special guy. He's has definitely, as my youngest son once said about our first dog, "improved the quality of life around here." Right now his quality of life sucks. But we're doing the best we can.

If you want to read something cheery -- or at least more entertaining than this -- there are some great blogs on my sidebar and if you aren't already going to several of them, do check them out.

I have good news about my website which has been in limbo for much of the past year. It seems that it is about to get a serious update -- and a lot of content that's been missing since the old site was 'revamped.' I'll keep you posted on that.

And, of course, keep an eye out for PJ and Ally's book, Antonides' Forbidden Wife, coming later this month (so it won't get lost in the Christmas rush). Julie Bonello wrote a lovely review of it over on the Cata-Romance site.

RT had nice things to say, too. Michelle Reid very kindly sent me their review a couple of weeks ago. I meant to post it, but there's the small matter of not having any time.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate Walker said...

I know all about revisions and the way they eat into your rime. And of course I am waiting for daily updates on dear Gunnar. Sending you hugs on both but specially on the latter. Sid the Cat waits to hear of his special d-o-g friend too.

We're thinking of you

love
Kat3

07 December, 2008  
Blogger Jill said...

Best wishes for you and Gunnar.

07 December, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Dear Kate and Jill,
Many thanks for the good wishes. Gunnar appreciates them and so do I.
I'll give him gentle ear rubs for you.

Anne

07 December, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Gunnar, I'm thinking about you both and sending hugs. Thanks for the update.


Chris.

07 December, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home