Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I didn't really vanish. I just got absorbed in revising and throwing out and revising and throwing out until I thought the ripple effect was really an undertow, and I was done for.

Happily, I don't think it is. I still have work to do -- but it's not going to get completely finished until after the first of the year. My new year's resolution is going to be one of patience. I hope my editor's is, too!

I have seen Antonides' Forbidden Wife in one store so far, so I know it exists -- just in time for Christmas stocking stuffing (I hope). At least for those who are doing their shopping on Christmas Eve.

We are celebrating the lovely news that yet another grandchild is expected come summer. The 4th of July, they tell me. An auspicious day, to be sure. And the birthday of my grandfather as well, which makes it even more special. We've also just learned that the baby due in April is a boy. All very exciting.

Must get busy and write the next book so I can go visit these new little people and their parents without deadlines hanging over me.

But first -- revisions.

I wish you all a very happy holiday season. May you find joy in the celebration and be in the company of people you love this year.

Meanwhile -- the dogs wouldn't sit still for a photo. They sent stand-ins ( see below). Happy holidays to all of you from all of us!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I left a comment earlier but it seems to have disappeared. Just wanted to wish you a Happy, Healthy 2009 and also congratulations on your wonderful news. A new baby is always a joy.


Chris.

27 December, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Merry Christmas to you, too, Chris! Thanks for stopping by. I wish you the best in 2009 as well. And, yes, we are very happy about the prospect of yet another grandchild this coming summer. There should be one in April, too. Must write now so I can go visit them later!

27 December, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home