Monday, March 02, 2009

Micah and Mitch have picked a winner!


Micah and Mitch were up early and practicing so they would be sure to have the 'picking a winner' for my New Look Contest down pat.

The 'up early and practicing' entailed following me around and looking hopefully in the direction of the treat jar until I allowed them to sit and wait, then pick them off the slips of paper containing the contest entries. They are both very good at sitting. The 'waiting' is a bit tricky. I can assure you they have mastered the eating treats part.

The other bit is, they have to agree.

And this takes more treats and more sitting and less waiting, though still a fair amount of discussion (mostly, I'm sad to report, about more treats).

But at last, they have a winner!

Laurie of Florida is their unanimous choice. So, congratulations, Laurie!

Your goody box of books, including Savas' Defiant Mistress, and chocolate -- and a plush frog! -- will be on its way to you this coming week. I hope you enjoy them all.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to match my books and their heroes and heroines. You are all winners in my book. There will be further chances down the road -- I'm thinking of a Mother's Day contest -- to win back list titles and, perhaps, another frog. Not to mention chocolate. So I hope you will all enter then.

In the meantime, I hope you've all had a great St David's Day and that the spring flowers are peeking up where you are -- unless you're in the Southern Hemisphere, where I hope you're finally getting cooler weather.

I'm looking forward to spring. But this winter has been so much more pleasant than last winter that I'm still not minding the bit of snow underfoot. How about you?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Christa said...

Congratulations Laurie

(see Anne trying to call the dogs didn't work. you hid them well)

04 March, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

They thank you for trying, Christa. And they hope you try again for the Mother's Day contest starting late in April!

05 March, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne--
I just followed a link to your site and saw that you have a link to Elmer Kelton! What a blessing you give me! I had not realized he was still writing, and he's a favorite.

Your site, and blog, are delightful. Look at those daffodils, what beauty.

Hugs,
Curtiss Ann Matlock

07 March, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Hi Curtiss Ann,
So nice of you to stop by! Thanks.

I'm delighted to find another Elmer Kelton fan among romance writers. I love his books. His characters are so believable, so multi-faceted, so 'real.' (As are yours, by the way)

I have just ordered a couple of the more recent Elmer Kelton books that I've missed. Thanks for reminding me to check!

08 March, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home