Thursday, May 07, 2009

From Sid the Cat

Salutations and Felicitations on your birthday, dear Kate!

The Lady Across the Pond (TLATP to those who know her well -- aka Ms McAllister) has invited me to be a regular, albeit sporadic, contributor to her blog.

She has even, you will note, given me sidebar billing.

This is so I can send personal good wishes and head butts and purrs to my dear Lady of the House, Kate Walker, on her birthday!

If you have not gone to my dear Lady's blog and wished her the best of the day, please do so. Or, if you are lazy, Anne says you can leave them here in the comments and I am to see that Kate reads them. But I feel sure you will make the extra effort to click on her name and allow her to simply read them on her own space whilst eating bonbons and sipping tea or that light-coloured stuff she thinks of as tea, which is what you get when you wave a tea bag in the direction of the cup.

But I digress.

I could extol her virtues endlessly, but it would be teatime before I got finished and I really can't miss meals. And if I kept on, that cat Dylan would show up withh a 'pome' he had writ, and he'd want to recite it, and we can't be having that.

Suffice to say, dear Lady of the House, that I wish you the very best today and all the coming year (as does TLATP), and I hope that you have a salmon, er, present filled day and that you will share it all with those of us who are on your side of the pond and wish you well (even that floozie, Flora, if she behaves herself).


Your official blog contributor and handsome esteemed noble self-effacing feline of distinction,

SIR SIDNEY ST JOHN WILLOUGHBY PORTLY-LUMMOX, DLitt Oxon
, Earl of Blubberhouses, Thane of Spital-in-the-Street, etc etc etc, ACOSB (a cat of superior breeding).

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

Hi Anne. I just wanted to say that I bought and read Savas' Defiant Mistress yesterday! Started at 7pm and finished it at 11pm. Couldn't put it down. It was a great read and I loved the story and setting. A houseboat seems such a lovely, romantic place to live (and play) on. It was also nice to read a story where the main characters are "normal" people, in so much that the hero isn't a multi-billionaire. Obviously he's able to support his (very extended!) family but at the end of the day he is a hard working person like the rest of us! Take care. Caroline x

07 May, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Caroline,

You've made my day! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop in and tell me you liked Seb and Neely's story. I really glad you did.

I have to admit to a fondness for hard-working guys -- having married one. I'm glad you liked Seb, too. Yes, he really was 'like the rest of us' and a good honorable man -- and drop-dead handsome besides!

Thanks again,
Anne

07 May, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home