Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Welcome Henry!


Yesterday our seventh grandchild and fifth grandson, Henry Alvin, was born.

He has been much anticipated by his big sister, Ellie, who adores babies, and, of course, by his parents, and by all the rest of the family who know they are going to adore him, too.

He got off to a good start -- weighing in at close to 9 1/2 lbs. -- when he arrived yesterday morning. The nurses in the delivery room already think he'll have a career playing linebacker for Montana State. We'll see.

He was named for two of his great-grandfathers -- wise and wonderful men, both. So little Henry -- or "Big Hank" as his dad called him yesterday -- has some pretty good-sized and well-worn shoes to fill in his own way as he grows up.

Ellie will no doubt be there, pointing the way.

I'm looking forward to going to see him in 10 days. I need to get a lot written before I go, because unless Ellie takes longer naps than she is reputed to take, I won't be getting much writing done while I'm out there.

And why would I want to write anyway when I can bask in the presence of two such wonderful little people for two weeks?

My new "Mothers & Babies" contest should be going live this week on my website. So stop by and enter and you can win a goody box that Henry and Ellie would certainly approve of, if they read romances and ate chocolate and liked fun stuff turning up in their mail box.

Just answer three questions that you can find answers to on my blog and website, and send them to me via the link provided. The contest begins as soon as my webmistress gets up the information. It ends at midnight the night before Mother's Day.

Ellie and Henry and I will pick the winner (since Mitch and Micah will be home) and I'll post it on Mother's Day -- internet connection willing.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Lovely news, Anne -- congratulations to all the family on Henry's safe arrival. Love the way big sister Ellie is so clearly thrilled to have him.

And my dog Chloe is thrilled to have a little human almost-twin -- her birthday is today. ;)

21 April, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Happy birthday to Chloe! So glad you stopped by to visit Henry and Ellie, Anne!

21 April, 2009  
Blogger Trish Morey said...

Ah Anne, what gorgeous pics! That Ellie is a poppet and Henry is just beautiful, what a lovely bundle. No wonder mum and dad look so proud.

What a wonderful two weeks you will have with them all. Writing? What's that?:-))

Congratulations to you all.

And happy birthday to Chloe, Ms Gracie!

21 April, 2009  
Blogger Annie West said...

Anne, that's fantastic news. You're going to have a wonderful time getting to know Henry and spending time with Ellie who, I have to say, looks just gorgeous. Aren't you a lucky woman!

Forget the writing - I'm sure it's nowhere near as much fun as spending time with your family.

21 April, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thanks, Trish and Annie.

You're right, both of you, about writing taking a back seat while I'm being grandma. I'll have to get busy over the next 10 days or so.

22 April, 2009  
Blogger Me said...

I just wanted to say that those pictures are gorgeous. Congratulations!

22 April, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Hi Gems,
Thank you so much. We're pretty fond of them!

Anne

22 April, 2009  
Blogger Christa said...

Gorgeous pictures. I'm sure you'll have a grand time meeting Henry and seeing Ellie

I just became a grandmother today to a 7 lb 10 oz baby girl named Alexandria Marie

23 April, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Christa!
Congratulations! What a beautiful name.

I hope you enjoy her every bit as much as I intend to enjoy Ellie and Henry. I'm sure you will. And if she lives closer to you than they live to me, lucky lucky you!

23 April, 2009  
Blogger Kate Hardy said...

Congrats! Gorgeous pics. Thanks for sharing :o)

27 April, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home