Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Welcome to Procrastination

As I've now left Demetrios standing on a corner (watching all the girls go by) for the past week, it should be no surprise that I understand the fine art of procrastination.

I need to get him moving again today. And I will because I finally (I hope) have figured out the reason he's still standing there. Short answer: Even though I knew where he was going next, I didn't know how to get him there. Now I think I do. And so I will.

But in the meantime, I've discovered that my dear friend Anne Gracie has developed two new levels of procrastination at once!

She's begun a blog. And she's taken up twittering.

While I completely endorse her blogging (as if twice monthly on Word Wenches isn't enough), and I'm happy she's twittering so I can follow her (though I don't twitter myself), I understand this for what it is -- avoidance.

I'm avoiding Demetrios. She's avoiding Luke. Why are we avoiding these strong compelling men?

Well, possibly because they are so strong and compelling we can't quite figure out what to do with them -- and we're a bit nervous of letting them do what they want. No, not a bit. In my case, I'm very nervous about letting Demetrios do what he wants.

So I've stranded him on a street corner while I figure out what to do with him. And the last I knew, Anne had set Luke to digging a grave.

Her scenario sounds way more interesting. You don't often get to have contemporary heroes digging graves as a matter of course. It's worth thinking about, though.

Anyway, I'm delighted she's blogging because I can read her -- and get to see pics of her very photogenic dog, Chloe.

And thus take even more time away from Demetrios.

Or not. Actually, since I'm off to see Henry & Ellie on the weekend, I need to get Demetrios off that corner and doing something seriously heroic.

I hope.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

This is so funny. You'll never guess what my current post is called, and I *swear, swear, swear* I hadn't read yours before I posted mine. LOL.

Ok, I'm back to my story.

28 April, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Well, great minds procrastinate alike -- or something. Keep writing. I'll be writing like mad in the morning, I know that!

28 April, 2009  
Blogger Kate Hardy said...

Make that three - mine's stuck as well. Rather, he's refusing to co-operate because he doesn't like his name. But is he going to tell me what he wants to be called? No, because he's a man and he's SULKING.

Bloody men *g*

(Now, should I be evil and tell you my latest procrastination device...?)

29 April, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Should we have a contest to name him, Kate? Tell us what he's like.

I had a hero like that once. It took me a long time of trying to figure out his name -- and when I finally did, he was, like, "What took you so long?" Stupid hero.

By all means, share your latest procrastination device!

29 April, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home