Thursday, January 28, 2010

Life . . . or complications


Sorry I've been missing in action.

Life has been complicating the things I would normally be doing if I weren't out living it.

I would be blogging and telling you all that come February I'm starting a year long celebration of 25 years of being published by Harlequin and Silhouette. To do that I thought the best thing would be to invite you all to share the celebration with me by doing what we all do best -- read.

So starting in February (check back the first week), I'm going to be giving away a book a day for a year!

Some of them will be my books. Some will be books of my friends. Some will be books I've read and enjoyed and want to share with you (and incidentally make room on my bookshelves -- which means that some of them will havebeen lightly read -- by me).

I'll be posting what you need to do to be part of these weekly drawings -- SEVEN WINNERS per week -- every month. You can find the info after February 1st on both my website and here.

But the website will have a more permanent link unless Heather my wonderful webmistress wants to stick a link in the sidebar of the blog, which she might, as she is clever that way.

So . . . stay tuned. I'll introduce you to my 25 year old "oldies" in case you missed them. And if I can get The Prof to dig deep in the attic, I may be able to share a few of them with you -- starting with Starstruck, the first to see the bookshelves that February 25 years ago.

Kate Walker is also celebrating her 25th this year. And you can bet I'll be giving away some wonderful Kate books as well. Stick around.

It's going to be a good year.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Rachael Johns said...

WOW - HUGE congrats on 25 years with M&B. I'm a late comer to your gorgeous books but the good thing about that is I have loads of glomming to do!!!

:)
Rach!

28 January, 2010  
Blogger Kate Walker said...

Congratulations on your 'silver' aniversary Anne! I love the fact that we are sharing this special year together. I'm only sorry it's not 25 years of friendship too - but we're working on that one! We should do a special double celebration contest at some point.

Do yo really have copies going back to Starstruck in your attic? My copies of The Chalk Line etc are all I have. Hmm - must go and check what I need to complete my Anne McAllister collection! Better get my name into the draw. I think there are one or two I don't have

Kate

29 January, 2010  
Blogger Caroline said...

Wow what an awesome competition Anne - very generous of you. MASSIVE congratulations on your 25 years with HM&B. Take care. Caroline x

29 January, 2010  
Blogger Lacey Devlin said...

Wow 25 years! Congratulations! Get out the champagne :D

29 January, 2010  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Rach,
Thank you! Check out the 'printer-friendly' backlist on my book page. It should give you a list of everything you've missed.

Kate,
It's been a pleasure (more than, actually) knowing you all these years. Bless Warwick and its castle -- and the Profs UK and USA.

Caroline,
Thanks for the good wishes. Hope to see you here during the year to come.

Lacey,
Many thanks. It's been a lovely 25 -- especially on account of the many terrific people I've met.

And my word verification for this is: Blesses. How do they know these things???

29 January, 2010  
Blogger Anne said...

Happy silver anniversary, Anne. Twenty five years of continuous writing and publication is an awesome and fabulous achievement -- congratulations.

I have a large stack of your books in my shelf and from time to time I pull a favorite off the shelf, and they still hit the spot. Rach! you have a fantastic glom coming up.

30 January, 2010  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thank you, Anne! 25 years may seem awesome, but mostly it just seems long. On the other hand, sometimes it seems like yesterday the whole whirlwind began. I'm so glad you've enjoyed my books. You know what a fan I am of yours. Speaking of which, I'm having Nash-withdrawal here. Hint, hint.

30 January, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home