Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, it's that time of year again!

I wish you and your beloved the happiest of valentine's days. Me and mine are having cake with our 86 year old neighbor to celebrate. Also taking flowers to my mother who is in transition from the hospital to wherever she goes after she gets out of skilled nursing.

I'm going to be busy over the next couple of weeks because of that and because Sol, my youngest grandson, is coming to visit! He's bringing his parents, too, but he's the main attraction, as you might imagine. He'll turn 8 months while he's here and he's on the verge of crawling.

As the physical therapists I've been talking to ad nauseum lately say, "He has all the motions." Yes, but does he put them together? Not yet, my son says with a sigh of relief. But it's coming. And it may be here by the time he is. So I'm scrambling to make sure the house is baby-proof again.

So it's a really good thing that it's also time for the 4th annual (can you believe it?) Here Come The Grooms contest that Liz Fielding, Kate Walker and I have been doing every February since 2007.

Liz has kept track. Kate and I know just that we've been doing it for a lot of years.

And so later today Christo Savas will be taking over my blog for the next couple of weeks while I deal with other stuff.

Christo, you may recall, is the hero of One-Night Mistress. . . . Convenient Wife. He's a charming guy -- for a lawyer -- and he's absolutely one of the most honorable men I've ever written about. He's also been seriously tempted in his life -- by one Natalie Ross. He . . . well, never mind. I'll shut up and let Christo tell you all about it.

Also, speaking of prizes, the second week's Great Book Give-Away is wrapping up today.

Winners will be notified by email. If you don't hear from me by tomorrow, you didn't win this week, but you might win next week. Your entry is good for the month of February. But I'd love to have you drop by and comment this week (and get another entry that way!).

Week three is posted on my contest page if you click on the 25th anniversary link. Heather will be removing lists one and two and moving three and four to the front sometime this week (she has a life, too).

In the meantime these are the books for week three and what you need to do to be in the drawing.

Week Three:
Comment on my blog this week (any post, but the post must be one I've made this week) and you could win a book! One of the following books will be sent to the winner (one book per winner):

  • Anne McAllister: The Santorini Bride
  • Janet Evanovich: Naughty Neighbor
  • Marie Ferrarella: Cavanaugh Heat
  • Elizabeth Rolls: Lord Braybrook's Penniless Bride
  • Kathleen Long: Undercover Commitment
  • Julia Quinn: What Happens in London
  • Jennifer Ashley: The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie

Please Note:

Easy Entry

To enter most of my 25th Anniversary Celebration Contests, send an email containing the correct response(s). Be sure to include your name and address so, if you win, I can send your book.

Rules, Regulations & Deadlines

The great book give-away contests will run for the entire year. While there are few rules, there are some things to note.

Prize wins are limited to one per person per address per month. That means in an effort to be fair once you enter, your entry will be good for 30 days but if you are a winner during 30 days you can only win one book. So there's no need to enter more than once, multiple entries will not insure you win.

Unless otherwise noted, the prize winners will be chosen in a random drawing by various esteemed members of my crew (Mitch, Micah, the dogs, the dh, etc.).

Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of your prize. Winners outside the U.S. might take longer.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

# # #

Okay, so there we are.

Christo will be along later today. Check back. Talk to him. He's charming. Handsome. Smart. Honorable. And not quite as fierce as Natalie remembers him. But they have a history . . .

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Lacey Devlin said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope you get to see Sol's first steps :) He's such a cutie!

14 February, 2010  
Blogger Laurie B said...

First steps are such an exciting time.

14 February, 2010  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thanks, Lacey and Laurie! Yes, we are really looking forward to his visit. They are such fun at that age.

15 February, 2010  
Blogger CrystalGB said...

Sol is adorable. I hope you have a wonderful time.

16 February, 2010  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thank you, Crystal. We think he's pretty special. And he has such a twinkle in his eye!

16 February, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home