Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Dazed and Confused . . . and Pleased?

The "dazed and confused" part is typical of me at the end of a book. I am suddenly filled with the ability to write and write and write and get totally absorbed in the resolution of the book. But at the same time, I lose touch with the real world which seems to go on quite happily without me.

And that accounts, I think, for the "pleased" part -- because this morning when I was reading Kate Walker's blog about Trish's winning book, she mentioned that two of her own books had been nominated as Reviewer's Choice Awards at the CataRomance site. And I thought, good on you, Kate! That's terrific. So I was pleased for her -- and for all the other finalists.

And now I'm even more pleased because, according to Kate, I'm a finalist, too, for The Antonides Marriage Deal.

Now, I'm not positive that this is true. But she tells me that there is a link which has the books listed on it -- and I've been to see the books on the list and, yes, it is there. But it's there twice. And it was reviewed twice, so I'm wondering if every book reviewed was there as many times as it was reviewed. Which is nice, but goes back to the "dazed and confused" part, if you see what I mean.

So, I'm pleased for Kate -- and Trish -- and everyone else who is a finalist, which might include me, but I'm not sure. I'm also a bit sad because the "awards ceremony" is going to be online on August 18th -- and I would love to be there. But of course, as this is "wedding weekend" I will be busy elsewhere (and happily so). Still, thanks, CataRomance! You're great!

I have had another bit of amazing news, too. I've just learned that The Antonides Marriage Deal has been promoted at the annual Antonides Family Reunion!

Inasmuch as Elias Antonides, my hero, is Greek, and the Antonideses who have been reuning (reunioning?) are Dutch, this is pleasing as well as confusing. But I'm overjoyed that there are enough romance readers among the wonderful real-life Antonides family that they are glad Elias-Even-Though-He-Is-Greek-Antonides has been immortalized (well, sort of) in print. Thanks, all you Antonideses out there!

Now then, I have to go back and create a bit of havoc in Spence and Sadie's lives. They are getting along entirely too well right now. And spending far too much of their lives in bed. So, into every happy fictional life, an author worth her salt must let loose a rain cloud or thunderstorm or two. Get out your umbrellas, kids, here I come!

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Styles said...

I think they may even break down the catagories into M&B and Harlequin. So for example TAM could be up for two awards.
I know they had both catagories for the Reader's Choice awards last Jan...
Who knows but I definately saw your name on the list!

16 August, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

And I saw yours, Michelle! Congratulations! I wish I had time to wallow in this, but the book is screaming at me. If you get to the "awards ceremony" online, say hi to everyone for me! Thanks!

16 August, 2006  
Blogger Susan Rix said...

Congratulations Anne, on all the above. (I confess I'm dazed and confused now too, but that's never hard for me!). That's amazing about your book being promoted by a real life Antonides family!
Sue :-)
Btw... I've finally finished my draft of Chapter 4... (only another 10 to go [sigh])

16 August, 2006  
Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

Many congrats, Anne! (And is it Happy (belated) Birthday, too? Many happy returns!)

16 August, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Sue, thanks for the congrats. Much appreciated. And congratulations to you, too, on getting through chapter four. Excellent news. Just keep sneaking up on those chapters!

Anna, thank you! And yes, it was a very happy birthday, which took several days to celebrate, and I haven't quite wound down yet. So your greetings are not really belated at all!

16 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home