Monday, August 21, 2006

Hitched!

The wedding came off with only one "hitch" -- the right one! And it was absolutely beautiful. So was the bride and so was the weather (the groom was very handsome, too, said his mother without any prejudice whatsoever), and it couldn't have been a better day.

We went out in the late afternoon for picture taking and it was good thing we found the ranch beforehand, because it wasn't until we were past it, the first time that we spotted the "wedding" sign stuck into the hay bale! Wish I'd got a picture of it because I could post it. When we got back we told everyone to look for the field where the Clydesdales were, but not to get too entranced by the Clydesdales because they would miss the turn.

The wedding was in a beautiful meadow overlooking a wheat fields and, beyond them, the mountains. The day was spectacular -- sunny and warm, but with a nice breeze, and behind us, a summer storm (heading the other way) formed over the mountains. Looking back we could see it and watch it head east.

In honor of Sid, there was a cat who walked down the "aisle" with the celebrant, and who wove his way in and through peoples' legs all during the wedding. He gave the couple his blessing, then ambled off in search of mice.

After we had more pics and a wonderful meal and the best blue grass group I've heard in a long while played lots of old favorites. Afterwards we went up in the barn for a "barn dance" and I'd like to say that the dance wore out my granddaughter, but she danced EVERY ONE and was still wide awake when we got back to the hotel that night. Six must be a powerful age!

The bride and groom have now gone off to their house and then to go kayaking and hiking for a few days. It's definitely a case of "begin as you mean to go on," because they met rock climbing and they've been doing a lot of it ever since. They know how to handle challenges and difficulties and I predict a happily ever after. If two people ever deserved it, they do.

It was a joyous occasion and I know that sharing an anniversary weekend with them will be special to them and to us for the rest of our lives.

Thank you all for the good wishes. Very much appreciated.

Spence and Sadie enjoyed the rest. I went back this afternoon and looked at chapter one. It needs tightening and trimming and, as my editor would say, "tweaking." It need punching up a bit, but the enthusiasm is flowing -- and is less distracted now. So I hope all goes well once I get back at it tomorrow!

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Styles said...

Sounds lovely.

Adored the cat who went to the wedding.

21 August, 2006  
Blogger Kate Walker said...

It all sonds wonderful - absolutely beautiful and joyous. What could be better than an outdoor wedding on a sunny day - with Clydesdales and a cat? Sorry - Sid would have me amend that - to a cat and Clydesdales. (He would also like to know the name of said cat and its colouring)

I'm so glad that everything went so well and the bride and groom (who is indeed handsome - and I'm not his mother!) have set out on their Happy Ever After.

So now I hope that S&S can soon set ot on theirs

Kate (and Sid)

22 August, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Kathleen,

Thanks! The music on my website is from a very talented Canadian musician and song arranger named David Wilkie. The CD is "Cowboy Celtic" and the particular piece is his arrangement of an old folk tune called "Colorado Trail." I love the CD and was thrilled when I asked him if I could use it on the site and he said, "Yes!" I'm sure he'd be happy to know you inquired about it (there is a small notice at the bottom of the homepage which gives the information).

25 August, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

You're welcome, Kathleen!

26 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home