Saturday, October 14, 2006

The Santorini Bride

My new cover!

If a picture is worth a thousand words, I guess I can leave you to work out at least a part of this story.

A man -- Theo Savas -- looking for some anonymity and solitude, a woman -- Martha Antonides -- on the run from heartbreak, a gorgeous Greek island -- Santorini -- and a boat.

Well, for starters.

Of course things move around a bit from there. Things happen -- things neither Martha nor Theo expect. It was a treat to see the cover -- and hold the book in my hands. That 'holding the book' part never gets old. It's always a thrill.

And it's a particularly handy thrill at the moment because as I'm just working on the revisions for Spence and Sadie, I need to refresh my memory about some of the things that happen in Theo and Martha's book. Yes, Spence and Sadie's story is a spin-off. It's just one big alternative universe out there where all those McAllister characters live! Most of them recently seem to be on islands, don't they? Pelican Cay, Santorini, Fiji. Well, there's a little Montana thrown in, trust me.

And a French bulldog.

Did I mention the French bulldog? No? I will. But that's another story.

What do you think of the cover? Inquiring minds (mine, anyway) are curious.

6 Comments:

Blogger Liz Fielding said...

I love the cover, Anne. It's so unusual to see a boat; editors have seemed reluctant in the past to encourage anything involving boating in romances. Maybe -- like their attitudes to titles -- that's changing. *g*

15 October, 2006  
Blogger Susan Rix said...

Oh my goodness, Anne, that cover is GORGEOUS!

I have to say that even if I'd never read any of your books, that cover alone would sell it to me - I wouldn't even bother to read the blurb!

So, how long before I can get my hands on it?!

Sue :-)

15 October, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Liz, the first thing Kate Walker said to me was, "Anne Weale will hate you for that cover! She's been arguing for a boat on a book for years!" So yes, maybe times are changing (again!).

Sue, glad you like it! The book is a February 2007 release in UK and US, so probably toward the end of January, I think. Amazon.co.uk might put up a release date sometime in the near future.

15 October, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great cover. I do love that your books have characters that then pop up in their own books!! It is my favourite thing!! Please don't stop!! I really need to make a spreadsheet : I have done that with Robyn Donald who links with the best of them!!!

15 October, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Annie,
The french bulldog will be making his appearance shortly. I'd definitely heard the same thing Liz had regarding "boats" so we shall see.

2paw, so glad you like connected books! Hope you've checked out my Code of the West ones (there are 16 related books!), plus one of my Presents mentions an interview the heroine, Mariah, does with the hero of one of the Code of the West books -- so they are connected too!

A spread sheet? Wow. Great idea. I'd like to see how you've done that for Robyn's books. She's a great writer!

15 October, 2006  
Blogger anne frasier said...

very nice!!!!

i had a boat on a cover years ago -- it was a sihouette IM.

15 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home