Monday, October 16, 2006

Scavenger Hunt

Before I went to England I said that when I got back I'd post a new contest on my website. And after the fun we had with tracking down The Eight Second Wedding a while back, I thought that this time I'd make you work a little. So I've put up a scavenger hunt of sorts (it's not terribly demanding. Here are the questions:

1. Which book by Harlequin romance author Liz Fielding won the RITA in 2006?

2. What day is Hugh Jackman's birthday?

3. What country is Presents author Miranda Lee's home?

4. British author Christina Jones wrote a book about a woman who owned a greyhound. What is the book called?

5. Who plays Mark Antony on the television series "Rome?



6. Harlequin romance author Sophie Weston's latest book is called The Cinderella Factor. What's the hero's name?

7. Presents author Kate Walker has four cats. They are called Dylan, Spiffer, Bob and ?????

8. Who is the sculptress heroine of my book McGillivray's Mistress?

9. Theo Savas and Martha Antonides are the main characters in which one of my books?

10. What character does Hugh Jackman play in the X-Men movies?

Find the answers to the following questions and send them to me at from the "contact Anne" link at the top of my home page.

The first response with all ten questions answered correctly wins a not-yet-published copy of my upcoming book, The Santorini Bride (as soon as I get my paperback copies)! And all entries with the correct answers will be entered into a drawing for a grand prize "Here Comes Winter" goody box with lots of books and stuff to keep you going through the snowy months ahead (except last year the winner was from Florida!).

So, please drop by and enter!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ANY excuse for Hugh and the fourth cat I shouldn't name here, eh? ;o)

Scavenger hunt is fun. I know some of the answers... but others I would have to look up!

17 October, 2006  
Blogger Kate Walker said...

Dear Madam - sadly once more back Across the Pond

Thank you for your invitation to appear in your Scavenger Hunt. I am sure that your readers are cognizant of the honour I am doing you to allow my illustrious self to be hunted in this way. But I must assume that there are some poor creatures out there who do not know of my handsome self and so you are in a way providing them with an important education.

Might I suggest that included in the goody box should be several tasty salmon and and comfortable cat blanket - these are what I require to see me through the months when the white stuff (I cannot bring myself to mention the s- - - word) is on the ground.

Good luck to all who enter

The Cat Who Must Not Be Named

PS I miss the head rubs - you have a way with the fingers and of knowing just where to rub behind the ear.

17 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home