Tuesday, February 06, 2007

What Happens When You Leave Them Alone


Hey. Theo here.

Miss me?

Just ducking in for a minute to see how you were all doing. I only stopped in to say hi, to tell you everything is great with us. And then I made the mistake of reading yesterday's blog . . . and what do I find?

My author has gone off the deep end! She's started talking Greek! And not Greek endearments, either.

Diegesis? Good grief!

You can't leave them alone for a minute. She and Kate and Liz were fine while we were here and they had the contest to think about. That and their books. You give them other heroes to keep them out of trouble, and all is well and good.

But then the contest is sailing along under its own steam, we've gone off to celebrate with our ladies, and none of them is deep enough into a story to be consumed, and what happens?

Anne goes off to some Q&A, Kate shows up, Liz shows up, lots of other writers show up -- and they start yammering amongst themselves, carrying on about "fourth walls" and "narratorily this and that . . ." and, heaven help us, diegesis!

What's that when it's home?

No, don't tell me. I don't want to know.

Do you suppose, Jennifer Y., that it's George's middle name? George Diegesis Savas? Hmmm. Has a certain ring, doesn't it? I wouldn't put it past her. Anne's got it in for George. She might even have plans for him.

Is there such a thing as World's Sexiest Physicist?

Maybe when I get back from my honeymoon, I'll introduce him to a few girls. Pity Martha doesn't have any sisters left unhitched. I'll ask about girlfriends. She's probably got a few of those around.

Wonder what he'd do if I sicced Agnetta on him.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Y. said...

Poor George.

Hope things are well with you Theo!

07 February, 2007  
Blogger Theo Savas said...

Couldn't be better, Jenn. Thanks for asking. Martha says hi. Ted's doing well. I saw him at Anne's. He's convinced everyone he needs treats twenty times a day. They're spoiling him rotten.

07 February, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... Theo -- can you dress up as a cowboy for a little inspiration with my new book?

LOL

Hi Anne. ;)

Diegesis... sounds too much like indigestion to me, LOL. I like the concept, if not the word itself, though...

Sam

07 February, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anne,

Been reading your site. Very interesting indeed. Lots of neat pictures these days. How's the weather in your territory there wherever you really are? Ha, ha. What the heck is "diegesis" I'm going to the dictionary site to find out about that. Is that word related to "exegesis". My spelling isn't that good but you know what I mean.

Yours in AHS friendship, Kathy

07 February, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Jennifer, I think Theo is trying to set you up with George! Good luck!

Sam, I'm sure Theo would be happy to provide inspiration. But he doesn't do horses. He does boats.

And Kathy, welcome back! Yeah, that's what I said: Diegesis? Is that like "exegesis?" Same root. Different word. Check it out on wikipedia like I did. It will make more sense if you do.

cheers,
Anne

07 February, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer Y. said...

Hmmm...got any non-fictional people to fix me up with...LOL

08 February, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

I'll check around, Jenn! What did you have in mind?

08 February, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Theo, get back to Martha you bad boy! Let Flynn and Sara have their day plus the rest of the Savas and Antonides men!

Can't wait to meet George but I kind of like Georgios Demetri for this sexy alpha!

10 February, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Sorry, Marilyn, George has a brother called Demetrios, so the name is already taken. I was kidding about the Diegesis part. Don't even know if George is going to get his own book yet. We'll see.

10 February, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home