Monday, December 10, 2007

A Cover For Christmas

Good timing!

I just sent off the tweaked manuscript of PJ and Ally, as I had a moment to actually think ahead, I dropped a note to the wonderful woman in charge of covers at Harlequin to ask if she'd seen a copy of One-Night Love Child, the story of Flynn and Sara.

Quicker than you can say, "cyberspace," she emailed me one back.

How's that for service?

And how's this for a cover????!!!

I must say I'm pleased. More than pleased, ecstatic. He looks like Flynn (well, if you discount the fact that James Purefoy was standing in for Flynn when I was mapping out the book on my collage). But in my head, this is really what Flynn looked like.

And Sara? Well, she doesn't have quite the down-to-earth Montana single mom look I'd carried around in my head. But she'll definitely do. Oh, yes.

I can hardly wait til I have the book in my hands. Within the month, I would think, she said, crossing her fingers.

For those of you wondering whatever became of my "Christmas contest," it's going on.

There's just no sign of it on my website contest page. That's because my laptop, from which I have to do all the website updates, has got a semi-terminal illness at the moment. And so I'm trying to get it up and running again. Until I do, there won't be any announcement there.

But you can go to the contest page and sign up anyway. The "Twelve Books of Christmas" contest ends on 12th night -- that means 12 days after Christmas -- January 6th. (Which should give me enough time to get the stupid computer fixed so I can get online with it). In the meantime, you faithful lot who turn up here are going to have the contest to yourself.

What do you get if you sign up? Twelve books, of course!

Count 'em. Or you can when I tell you what they are, which I will do when I get my office sorted out (working on the downstairs now. The office will come later this week). Anyway, trust me. There will be plenty of books to keep you busy reading through most of January.

And then in February Kate Walker and Liz Fielding and I are going to have our second annual Valentine's contest. You remember last year when the Brides had a contest and the Grooms came along and muscled their way in? Well, we've been hearing stirrings along those lines again. So stay tuned.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Madeline said...

I really do love that cover, and I can't wait to read the book.

Good Luck with getting your laptop fixed. Mads:)

12 December, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Anne, gorgeous cover...loving it. Unfortunately haven't spotted many Irish men looking like him near me but hope springs eternal! Maybe if I kiss Eamon he'll transform into that?!
x Abby Green

14 December, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

I'd certainly try kissing Eamon, Abby. You never know! We'll make a hero of him yet.

14 December, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home